Thursday, January 1, 2015

Play, Eat, and Play Again at The Playroom

Let’s welcome another new comer in PIK, The Playroom! I hope I haven’t been too late in reviewing this one. Having envied many people who have gotten the chance to have a try on the dishes served by The Playroom, I finally managed to visit this recently hip restaurant. The foods offered are mostly Western ones, ranging from salad, pizza, pasta, poultry, and others.




Located next to Sate Khas Senayan, the venue is a 2-storey building, with wooden-themed design. At the front side, you can find Milkbar, which is the gelato bar where you can enjoy various innovative flavors of gelato.  



For The Playroom itself, the distinctive point of the restaurant is the additional facilities provided for the guests, which will surely raise the playful soul in you. You can find several dart-board machines as well as billiard table, which are available for use and surely for free!




I was so impressed with the design, but then I was quite disappointed when I was to make my order. I could not try the Pork Belly Creamy Bacon Fettucinne as well as the Pork Belly Supreme Pizza, both of which I had targeted to try even before visiting the venue, since the pork belly was sold out at that time :(. Another one I could not have was the Seabass Cajun as it was not ready yet as well. Thus, I ended up have to find the substitutes to those dishes and here was my order.



Mint Beef Ragout Penne (IDR 95k)



This was my first dish, which might not look so engaging, but tasted pretty good. The penne was cooked al dente and the beef ragout, which was cooked in bolognaise sauce, was luscious. The portion was just right for me and I was glad that the mint taste was not strong, since I did want this dish to be like that. One note, you needed to well-mix everything in the plate in prior to enjoy it, in order to get the best taste of the dish.

Norwegian Salmon (IDR 90k)



In short, I faced quite many problems with this dish. First, I had to wait for approximately 50 minutes to get this dish ready on my table. The waitress did notify me that they might take quite long to prepare for the dish. However, when I asked how long the exact time was, she said that she could not predict it. Having waited for approximately 20 minutes, I asked the waitress whether my dish was ready or not. It took her like 15 minutes before going back to my table and said that they needed additional 5 minutes. Additionally, she said that their mashed potato was not available so she had to replace it with french fries. Though I was disappointed, I had no choice but to accept it. Then, instead of 5 minutes, I had to wait for another 15 minutes to get my Norwegian Salmon served. Luckily, it was perfectly cooked as the texture was very moist. Nevertheless, I did not feel anything special about the taste.

The Godfather (IDR 95k)



If I might say, this pizza did come as the curer to my displeasure. The size was quite huge and the pizza crust was thin. If you did love crispy pizza crust, you surely did not want to miss this one. The toppings, which were the combination of pepperoni, minced beef, and paprika; were generously given. Besides, the abundant mozzarella cheese made this pizza became flawless! Finally, the absence of the Pork Belly Supreme Pizza turned into a good point as it made me end up trying this Godfather, which I doubtlessly did not regret at all.

Strawberry Juice (IDR 35k)


Besides the foods, I did try some of the beverages, ranging from juice, tea, as well as frappe. The strawberry juice was made of fresh strawberries and it was so refreshing. It was indeed the right choice for those who desired healthy-yet-yummy drink.

Playroom’s Ice Tea (IDR 35k)


If you were the one who loved the blend of fruits and tea, then you should try Playroom’s Ice Tea. Bringing the mixture of kiwi, passion fruit, and tea; this drink was another refreshing one. Besides I did think that it was quite innovative as what I usually found was either the mixture of kiwi with tea or passion fruit with tea, and this was the first time I found all of them combined together. Surprisingly, it turned out great and I really loved the taste, especially the passion fruit pulp!

Red Velvet Frappe (IDR 50k)



For the ones who prefer ‘heavier’ type of drink, then this Red Velvet Frappe was worth to be included into your list. It was basically chocolate frappe, topped with whipped cream and grated cheese. I actually did not know what made the color of the drink became red, as the major taste was chocolate. Nonetheless, I did not really care about the ingredients as I was really pampered with this one! Though it was quite pricey, the size was satisfying and I was extremely delighted by the blend of chocolate and cheese inside it.  


Overall, for you who haven’t visited The Playroom and do feel curious to give it a try, I suggested you to go for their pizza. I myself am still interested to have their pork belly. Hopefully, at my next visit it can be realized and I promise to give you the update as soon as the time comes :)

Taste: 8/10
Place: 9/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


THE PLAYROOM
Address: Ruko Cordoba Blok F No. 3. Pantai Indah Kapuk
Phone: +62 858 9403 7723
Operating Hours: Mon – Sun 10am – 00am
Instagram
Instagram.com/theplayroomjkt


Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment