Sunday, August 21, 2016

'GREEN' Afternoon Tea at Peacock Lounge

I still can clearly remember approximately a year ago, when I was still on my short-term working assignment in Tokyo, Peacock Lounge at Fairmont Hotel Jakarta opened its door for the very first time. As expected, it didn’t require long waiting time before my timeline was “overwhelmed” with the pictures of that elegant jewelry box used by Peacock Lounge to serve its signature afternoon tea set.  Since then, I’ve been looking forward to having my very first visit to this place.




Call it a coincidence, last weekend I was just talking to my friend about my curiosity in trying Peacock Lounge afternoon tea, then this weekend, there I was, finally bringing it into reality! Stepping into the venue, I could already feel the classic and exclusive ambience. Each corner looks stylist and all the props used as decoration seem very well-structured. The place was so cozy that I thought I could spend the whole day there, just sit back, sip my hot tea, spoil my palate with the canapes, and have long series of chats with my friends.






Starting from Jul 11th, Peacock Lounge actually have been having a special event called “Show your True Colors”, which basically brought out different theme every 2 weeks for its afternoon tea time. Applying the colors of rainbow as the themes, they’ve started with red, following by orange and yellow, then green, which will start just next Monday (22nd August) and last till 4th September. The series will then be ended with pink color, prevailing for the whole October month, which is also intended to celebrate the month of breast cancer awareness.


During the existence of this special theme, Peacock Lounge does provide special gift for its guests. While having the Peacock Lounge Signature Afternoon Tea set (IDR 488k++), the guest has to wear the attire based on the prevailing color-theme, take photo, and post on Instagram using #SYTC and #PeacockLounge. A lucky winner will be picked from each color-theme, who will get gifts including complimentary PINK Afternoon Tea in October, to a one-night weekend stay in Fairmont Jakarta Signature Suite (including breakfast for two).

Peacock Lounge Signature Afternoon Tea set (IDR 488k++)
For this visit, I got the special privilege to enjoy the ‘GREEN’ afternoon tea set prior to the launch time. Reflecting the theme, almost everything served in the dazzling jewelry box came in green color. Basically, this tea set served various light bites from savory to sweet ones, all of which were impeccable companions to your cup of tea/coffee. It was actually intended to serve 2 people as it came with 2 cups of either TWG tea or premium coffee, depending on the guest’s choice. Nonetheless, looking at the generous portion, I honestly thought it would be suitable to enjoy it with 4 people, so the remaining 2 just needed to order additional beverages.


Answering your curiosity on what’s actually brought-out by the tea set, I would give brief hints to all of you. Starting from the savory ones, there were foie gras, tuna sandwich, zucchini, and salmon rolls. Additionally, there were the trio of fried springroll, mushroom & truffle quiche, and bitterballen; served in a separated tray. From this first group, my most favorite was the salmon rolls as it’s not only beautifully presented, yet also fresh and succulent.




Now moving to the sweet ones, which I could say was the majority as well. If you happen to know that I’m a severe dessert addict, you can already guess how extremely happy I was looking at these pieces of sinful indulgence. On top, there were pandan roll, chocolate & avocado mousse cake, matcha opera, matcha-dipped strawberry, pistachio macaron, matcha choux, cheesecake, kiwi panna cotta, chocolate-coated biscuit, and praline. As usual, cheesecake came as my top-of-mind, but also to note, the matcha choux was doubtlessly the crème de la crème!



It’s not over yet, there were another two drawers we had for sweets, containing scones with various choices of spreads, madeline, kiwi tartlets, and lemon financier. My most favorite? Hmmm. I didn’t wanna choose this time. Gotta have them all! ;)


Enough talking about foods, let’s see what my friends and I opted for drinks. First one was the perfect match to the color-theme, Matcha Tea Latte (IDR 80k). First disclaimer, please don’t call me silly but I did forget to try this :(. Yes, it’s actually my friend’s order and I totally forgot to have even a single sip of it. Let’s quickly move on before I fell deeper in my disappointment, next one was my all-time favorite Chocolate Earlgrey (IDR 70k/pot), which came from the selections of black tea. I wouldn’t comment much, simply said, you would love it if you were in love with Earl Grey as much as I did. Nevertheless, if you fancied something milkier, I highly recommended you to try London Fog (IDR 70k), the blend of French Earl Grey, vanilla syrup, and milk. Well, apologize in advance if it’s just me, but I didn’t know why, only by reading the ingredients I could immediately tell it must taste awesome and I did proof myself 100% accurate in the end. OK I now revise my first statement, I don’t highly recommend you to try, I oblige you to have it and never blame me for any addiction.


Chocolate Earlgrey (IDR 70k/pot) & London Fog (IDR 70k)

Matcha Tea Latte (IDR 80k)
In a nutshell, looking at what’s served in the set, I could say that the price paid was totally worthy. I couldn’t get more satisfied with my afternoon tea experience today at Peacock Lounge. I got my taste bud pampered, and I was delighted with the first-class service. Besides, I could join the photo competition, which hopefully *fingercrossed brought me to my first-time experience staying in Fairmont Hotel ;) *wink wink*. Don't want to keep this for myself only, hence I'm calling all of you guys to enjoy the high-tea and try your luck as well!


Photo by: @yennymakanmulu


Taste: 8/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10

 
Thanks for Reading! :)


Peacock Lounge
Address: Fairmont Hotel GF, Jl. Asia Afrika No. 8, Jakarta
Phone: +62 21 2970 3333
Operating Hours: Mon – Sun 9am – 9pm (Afternoon tea: 1pm – 5pm)


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment