Friday, January 27, 2017

Chye Seng Huat, The Most Wanted 'Coffee Garage'

I've heard of this coffee shop for probably tons of times. Some of my friends have even posted it repeatedly, and finally, I made it to this place (literally FINALLY!). Quite sad fact, yet late's always better than never, isn't it?





My friends and I were actually quite lucky at the time we visited Chye Seng Huat as we got almost the last available spot there since the venue's really packed with people. Even we had to split up; I went for the order and my friends took the role of taking the seats. Hahaha I didn't know why but suddenly the word Kiasu came into my mind LOL. Well, sometimes it's needed just like in this case, otherwise we might end up have to wait for vacant seats. Let's just call it being responsive wink.




Despite that you have to pass the 'tight competition' to get the seat, the venue's actually not small, especially upon the expansion they made. Yeah, my friend told me that it used to be only the building that became the coffeeshop area, but now the space included the empty outdoor area located just next to it, right in front of the roasting room.

Pretty different from other coffee shop, the design was neither white-themed, nor monochromatic. It's even more to traditional 'uncle's coffee shop' in my view (I hoped you got what I meant). This fact also made me assumed that people did mostly come for their coffee instead of the place. Actually, the reason behind this 'garage-alike' look was this place used to be the home for metal and hardware companies in the past, which has transformed to a home of coffee roasters.









Everything here's mostly self service, starting from placing your order which required you to go to the cashier, till got your foods and drinks from the bar and carried them to your table. Quite smart in trying to be efficient there ;). 

Fortunately, the baristas were actually very fast in getting all the orders ready. Super talented hands for crafting the drinks, just like a live show right in front of you. As I've repeatedly gotten the recommendations on this coffee shop, I certainly wouldn't miss the chance to have a try on their coffee. But as usual, my brain was distracted by what I spotted being displayed on the bar table, the companion to my cup of caffeine!





Friands (SGD 5 for 5 pieces)




If you're wondering what Friand is, it's basically almond cake similar to the French financier just that it usually came with additional flavoring. Pairing nutella and banana, this light bites served one of my favorite couples for sweets. Making it a trio of delicacy, the friand itself was aromatic and luscious, completely reminded me of my favorite financier hust that it came in petite size and with additional happiness on top of it! Having a single shot and you might end up finding yourself couldn't stop for taking another one. 

Hot Piccolo (SGD 4)


My most wanted cup from the spot. Yes, the want I want to hunt the most and big big yes, I was hypnotized from the very first sip. No wonder so many people mentioned it as one of the must-go coffee shop in Singapore. Bold coffee taste but not overly acid, and clean after taste, exactly matched my palate. Such a spank for my sleepyhead!

Iced Chocolate (SGD 7.5)



As you might have known, my friend Yenny's caffeine-intolerant and thus this glass was surely her portion. Actually she had targeted to order this even since we were arranging our itinerary and listing Chye Seng Huat in our packed schedule. She said that at her last visit she saw the table next to her ordered this beverage and she was drooling, just that she's already too full and had ordered something else. So getting what she had been craving for, she was hyper-excited. Yeah, I had to admit that the presentation was stunning, making me had to hold my saliva from dropping when taking the picture of it oops sorry. Too tempting! ;). Having a sip of it, I'd set my personal reminder that I would definitely go for this at my next visit here. Bold chocolate taste, neither too milky, nor too sweet, and perfectly refreshing!

Hot Mocha (SGD 6.5) & Iced Mocha (SGD 7.5)




Combining the awesome coffee and the delectable chocolate, what could ever go wrong? Both the Hot Mocha and Iced Mocha were such impeccable mix to opt for when you wished to try both the coffee and chocolate in a single-go. So you would completely get your caffeine and cacao doze <3.


Shortly said, I would surely come back to this place whenever I have my next visit to Singapore. I don't only love the casual ambiance, but also the caffeine cups and their companions!


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


CHYE SENG HUAT
Address: 150 Tyrwhitt Road, Singapore
Phone: (+65) 6396 0609
Operating Hours: Sun - Thu 9am - 10pm, Fri - Sat 9am - 0am



Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment