Monday, October 15, 2018

Bali Bola, Another Hot Spot in the Paradise Island!

‘I have to go there!’, yeah my very first statement when passing by the place. It’s just too cute to be true and I just couldn’t handle it! Baby pink, blue, and yellow combined into awesome trio, coloring the Instagenic walls which served catchy quotes of their own. As always, Bali and its cafes never failed to WOW me. 






Entering the venue, I was hitched even deeper with the interior. Same play of color, but this involved the dining sets and wall decorations. It seemed like reading a real-life teenager magazine. Furthermore, they paid do match attention to details, some of which we finally recognized, such as yellow glasses for the guys and pink for the girls. The dishes were also served in peculiarly-shaped plates, most of which I believed were made to order. 





The menu wasn’t less unique than the design as they served anti-mainstream brunch dishes, which I thought rarely made elsewhere. Some might look similar to the common brunch menu, but they added their own touch to make them their own unique version. That triggered the curiosity to try more from the menu and did cause huge dilemma when I was about to make the choice. Another memorable point, they chose to call themselves as flexitarian, which I just figured out was basically a plant-based diet, with occasional allowance for meat/fish.



Cheesie Toastie (IDR 88k)



As the name told you, that’s what you got - simple toast with parmesan cheese on top and another cheese stuffed in between the layers. Presentation wise, hands down to the wonderful ideas utilizing the cheese as the ‘crown’ to the dish. Taste wise, I would say not bad besides the toast might be bit hard. However, I wouldn’t say there’s anything too special to call out. 

Huevos Estrellados (IDR 66k)



Demanding more variation of flavors in the dish compared to the earlier one? Then this second menu served the ask. The Spanish dish served you runny sunny-side-up over fried potatoes with a sprinkle of faux bacon. Similar to it, some other versions were usually served with french fries but Bali Bola’s one was featuring seasoned potato slices. As extra carbo load, you would get sour dough on the side to accompany the main dish. My favorite was surely the bacon sprinkles on top which enriched the overall taste of the dish. I wish I could have more of them so I could still get my very last bite being as tasty as my premiere one. 

Vegan Swiss Rosti (IDR 88k)


The winner to the most inventive dish among the ones listed on the order. It featured the perfectly crispy and non-greasy rosti as the base, topped with smashed avo and alfalfa sprouts. Yes, complete mix of textures as you could enjoy the combination of creamy and crunchy elements together. Surprisingly, this healthy savory dish did taste good with the rosti and avocado being flavorful. 

Way beyond the dishes, I guessed people’s biggest incentive to visit the place would be the Instagenic snaps you could take here and yes, I did agree it’s not just looking good on the virtual world (read: photos), but the real one was indeed mesmerizing! Cut it short, if you by any chance about to visit Bali, it did worth listed on your itinerary ;)


Taste: 7/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for reading! :)


BALI BOLA
Address: Jl. Petitenget No. 8X, Seminyak, Bali
Phone: (+62) 812 9167 2276
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 9pm


No comments:

Post a Comment