Sunday, December 30, 2018

Amausaan Uji Matcha

Better late than nothing? I guessed it’s a YES. Being a fan of both dessert and matcha, there’s no doubt that I would feel excited to give this place a try as they’re offering the combination of both. 



Despite the outlet was kinda petite, they’re quite smart in playing with the interior. It could flawlessly deliver the ambiance of a traditional matcha cafe in Japan especially Kyoto, the city which was most famous for green tea. They were so committed that the entrance was even decorated with those orange gates just like the ones you met in Kyoto’s temples or the well-known Fushimi Inari. Next to it the visitors could hang their wishes, exactly mimicking the wishing board in those worship places. 




Orders had to be placed prior to enter the dining spot. They also secured you had had your seat before making your order. I was pretty impressed by how speedy they were in serving the customers despite the cafe was actually pretty crowded and seemed like people’s orders were various as far as my sight could catch. The fortune belonged to me on my visit timing as I got the very last vacant table, making it finally full-house once I took my seat. 





All the menu offered were sweets, with the range of cakes, hot and warm drinks, and certainly the ice cream! The ice cream even gave the choices of soft-serve and gelato. My choices went to mostly the recommended ones, being a first-timer here. 

Matcha Gradient Cheesecake (IDR 52k)


The presentation deserved thumbs-up in my view as the gradient looked so perfect. Knowing the texture was extremely moist like typical light-creamy Japanese cheesecake, it’s wonderful that they’re able to make those neat layers lining up impeccably. The play of texture was another great combination as the base was using crunchy oreo layer. Neither the cheese nor the green tea flavor stood strong in this cake as both were kinda light for my palate. I honestly thought it might be more delectable to have both going bolder. 

Ishida - White Jade Matcha Story (IDR 62k)


When this dessert firstly landed on the table, I could recall those Kyoto dessert hoping memories, when I could have matcha for breakfast lunch and dinner (yep, don’t judge my dessert addiction please). Ishida featured Uji Matcha soft-serve as the base, with extra happiness coming from milk pudding, smashed waffle cone, whipped cream, glutinous rice balls, red bean paste, and rice cereals. The combination was actually kinda mainstream when you met any matcha parfait but I could admit that Amausaan’s version was pleasant as every single ingredient tasted yummy! The highlight for me would be the red bean paste, for which I was usually pretty demanding as I loved the thick one yet with smooth texture meaning the red bean needed to be perfectly smashed. Having said so, theirs was able to suit my liking very well!

Matsukawa - Raw Matcha Bowl (IDR 62k)


If you’re the one who loved stronger matcha taste, go for this! This was definitely my favorite being the lover of bold matcha <3. If earlier one was soft-serve, this was serving gelato so expect thicker texture in your bowl. The toppings were similar with the duo of glutinous rice balls and red bean paste still loyally accompanied you. However, this time your other toppings were substituted by raw matcha jelly, which for me played the balancer role to the sweetness from the gelato. 

Enjoying my initial experience having dessert here, I would quickly give a nod to the next visit. So if you’re a green tea lover, you now have another one to add into your list ;)


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7/10


Thanks for reading! :)


AMAUSAAN UJI MATCHA
Address: Central Park Mall LG L-214A, Jakarta
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 10pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment