Thursday, December 27, 2018

Kona Koffie

Featuring the tag line of ‘Less Plastic, Don’t Panic’, the coffee shop successfully stole my attention when I accidentally found it on my Instagram explore tab. WOW! The environment-friendly trend seemed to get more and more serious recently, and now that it’s even emphasized by not few restaurants and cafes. Well it’s great for the earth in the end, and why not supporting? ;)





Those staying or usually hoping around the Southern part of our beloved capital city should be the most excited about this as the new baby resided at Jl. Wijaya, yes the road with arrays of hype cafes as well. Some have been there for quite long, taking the senior role over the newly established ones. Great news, it meant more options for dining in around here. 

Aligned to the ‘green’ concept, the interior brought out the main theme of nature. Yeah some of you might have got it right, having the pictures of green plants at every corner in your mind. Being quite spacious, it successfully crafted a cozy space for killing your seconds either busy working or just chillin. 


Despite I didn’t smoke and hence wouldn’t sit in the smoking area, honestly speaking that was my favorite spot as the design was so peculiar, having that real-size vespa displayed on the wall. Not to mention the tag line neon lamp at the center, which I bet soon would be most favorite photo spot. 



Really appreciate the speedy service and very responsive baristas, though I honestly did expect the menu to have more variety. 

Cheesy Mushroom Pizza (IDR 38k)


Picking the ones suiting my palate, I went for their pizza, which was available in 2 options of sizes. As there were only my sister and I, we opted for the small one. I couldn’t completely recall the choices of toppings, but the one attracted me the most was for sure the variant featuring  cheese as the main ingredient!

Some of you might wonder that it’s for vegetarians, but surprisingly the taste was pretty decent. I loved how the crust being thin and crispy, while the toppings served were quite generous. A nice option to try, especially if you’re not into the heavier rice-based dishes. 

Lemongrass Tea (IDR 30k)


I might not speak much about this drink since it’s basically more to flavored tea than the fresh lemon grass blended with hot tea. I guessed it’s also mixed with a hint of ginger so for those who loved that combination, perhaps worth to try. 

Apple Pie and Americano (IDR 45k)


I wasn’t a fan of Americano, but as much as I loved sweets, it’s just like mandatory to have it after the savory and hence I ended up order this package since they didn’t sell it separately. Yes, the apple pie was apparently my only dessert option to go for. Served in individual portion (stick), I honestly found it’s quite peculiar and still preferred the mainstream way to serve it in slice. This way of serving made it has limitation in carrying much toppings. Moreover, it made the whole apple pie being kinda dry. 


The Americano itself was more into the type with moderate acidity. Belong to the boat which preferred low acidity and medium body, I came up with the idea of crafting my own mix by adding extra milk into my coffee. Yes for sure because I didn’t want the Americano to be abandoned ;)

Babycino (IDR 30k)


So here it was, the ‘new best friend’ I found for my Americano, Babycino! Being the ‘sidekick’, my Babicino was such a nice surprise for me as the appearance was indeed ‘WOW’-ing!! It’s doubtlessly super cute having Pooh and Baymax floating on my hot cup of milk. Yeah, these marshmallow-made cuties were not only adorable but also super fluffy that they melted right away on my palate. Mixed with vanilla, I enjoyed it way more than I expected earlier. I even intentionally left part of it in the cup and only mixed the remaining with my Americano to be able to enjoy the pure Babycino <3


Overall I could say the place’s surely a nice option to stay for long hours, and they could even make it a better one if they added more options on the menu especially the sweets (at least pastry, pretty please?).


Taste: 6.5/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7/10


Thanks for reading! :)


KONA KOFFIE
Address: Jl. Wijaya I No. 53, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 8787 2222 337
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 10pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment