Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Brand New Baker's Gallery



For me, this week has been very exhausting, yet ended perfectly with so much great news! So what do you think? Yes! I was really in the mood for extraordinary food. And the choice went toooo *drumroll* BAKER’S GALLERY! It is actually the new member of Ryst Group, which also manages Publico, P&B, and Empirica. I have once tried Publico and I was really satisfied with their foods so I definitely had high expectation on Baker’s Gallery.


The design has made me fell in love at the first sight! Everything was just exceptional! Not only the indoor’s one, the outdoor’s decoration was also astonishing. Combining wooden floor and transparent ceiling, as well as being located next to a beautiful garden, the outdoor area has created stunning scenery to be enjoyed by those who sit in this smoking area. On the other hand, mainly themed with white and covered with big glass windows, the indoor area looked classy, elegant, and shimmering.  




 






The service also deserved thumbs up. Although there was a downside at first since some of the waiters were not knowledgeable enough about the dishes they sold, but the friendly service from the supervisor as well as his curiosity about our inputs had been able to create a disappointment-relieving moment.   

Tea Smoked Salmon Trout (IDR 90k)


Presentation wise, this dish was indeed the winner of the day. It was a flawless combination of colors served on a plate! Coming to the taste, your mind would indeed be blown away! The dish was exceptional. The salmon was perfectly cooked, as you still could see its pink color and the texture was so moist. It turned to be beyond perfect when you tasted the climax part of the dish, the crispiness of the salmon skin. It’s just so good, I died! Not only that, you would also get additional blessings from the wonderfully cooked poached egg, the chewy mushrooms, the fresh salad, and the savory chips. Together, all of them delivered an ideal blend of ingredients.  

Cheese Bar (IDR 45k)


Making decision on what to order for the main course went quite smooth. However, when it came to dessert, I really wish my tummy could afford all of the cakes displayed. I just wanted to try all of them as they looked SUPER DUPER appealing! Finally after making the waiter have to wait for quite some time, I then chose to have this Cheese Bar. My mind suddenly flew back to the time when I visited Publico and found myself so baffled deciding whether I would have Mars Bar or Cheese Bar for my dessert. At that time, I picked Mars Bar and it turned to be one of my most favorite cakes until now. So this time, I would give a try on this Cheese Bar.

Guess what? The same thing happened again! This Cheese Bar was SO SO SO GOOD! The texture was soooo moist. At first, I thought it would probably taste like cheesecake. However, I found out that it was so light and so distinctive from common cheesecake. The flavor was really balanced as it was neither too cheesy, nor too sweet. One word, PERFECTO!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart (IDR 30k)


Another stunning dessert was this chocolate peanut butter tart. Each of its elements had shown doubtless quality. The glazy salted caramel put on top of it definitely made you drool. Going with the combination of chocolate cake and peanut butter, the main flavor of this tart would definitely not go wrong. As the base, the crust was crispy and had perfect sweetness level. So, what else could you wish for?

In short, Baker’s Gallery has given me one of the best dining experience. It has successfully united cozy venue with impressive design, pleasant service, and outstanding dishes into one package. I was indeed a satisfied customer today! :)


Taste: 9/10
Place: 9.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


BAKER’S GALLERY
Address: Food Society GF, Kota Kasablanka Mall
Phone: (021) 2983 6600
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 7am – 10pm

 
Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

2 comments: