Saturday, November 25, 2017

Threelogy Coffee

It might be not precisely correct to call Threelogy as a new comer since it’s been months from the first time the entrance was opened for public. Used to only serve starting noon at 12pm, this place is now an early-bird. Providing such distinctive point (well yeah I would call it special since it’s very limited coffee shop did that here in this city of heroes), you could already picture in your mind that the place was quite packed especially early in the morning. 



It firstly got me through the design, which was dominated by clean and bright white. Entering the front gate, you would first meet the outdoor area with individual and small-group cement-based seats. For me it’s a great spot for awesome pictures supported by natural lighting, nonetheless sitting there wasn’t my preference as I guessed I might get molten just in minutes. Yeah, those who’ve been to Surabaya especially during the hot sunny weather certainly knew what I was talking about. 




Having said so, I preferred the indoor space, being full air-conditioned and was covered in glass windows so I should be no longer worry about the support for my snaps. The cafe wasn’t that gigantic and perhaps could be said as pretty petite with the capacity of 15 people max for the indoor area. 

Just like typical tiny-sized coffee shop, the bar table was right in the middle, being the center of business in the cafe. The interior was actually lovely, being very simple and nothing’s too heavy for the sight. 




When I was about to place my order, the waiter was so friendly trying to offer several options from each of the group on the menu, starting from light bites till the main courses. Just unfortunately, it’s indeed not much being offered there. Kind of disappointing, but when I was about to opt for pastries, there were nothing but the croissants which were sold as a set with the coffee as promo on particular hours. As the hours had passed, despite they still had the croissants and I was willing to pay for them, the baristas said they weren’t available for sale *phew*!


Cheesy Ham Toast (IDR 35k)


Though I still couldn’t deny that I was kind of irritated with the fact that I couldn’t order the croissants, I knew I had no choice but to move on. Well, tough choice to be made when you had to do it right away while all the options weren’t your first pick. Finally I decided to go for this savory toast. 


I was at first quite surprised looking at the price as I initially thought it would be the fancy brunch kind of dishes. Nevertheless, when it’s finally landed on the table, I could then tell why the prices were pretty affordable, and perhaps now it’s not that cheap since it’s a quite simple one with basic ingredients. Yep, the name literally told the stuffings, ham and mozzarella cheese. Great thing, the protein was so abundant that you might even barely feel the taste of the toast itself. Overall, it’s okay-ish for my palate, but it would definitely be nicer with extra flavors to balance the strong cheese taste. 


Raspberry Cheesecake (IDR 33k)


Being the only dessert option on the menu, so it’s the lucky pick. The presentation was decent and surprising at the same time as I’d never pictured in mind this would be the appearance of the raspberry cheesecake. I believed you did think like me, that it would be either a slice of cheesecake topped with these gorgeously red berries, or a slice of pink cheesecake as the batter itself had already been pre-mixed with the berries juice. 

Served in the transparent glass, this dessert was mainly mousse that’s moist in texture and pretty airy, so it might suit those who’re in demand for lighter type of dessert. It twisted sweet and sour taste so it’s refreshing enough to come as the closer to the dining session. I wouldn’t call it my favorite, but surely not a bad one. 

Hot Cappuccino (IDR 30k)


Going to the last one which I did think would be the owner of the spotlight. Not only because the place was indeed initially spotted due to its coffee, but also because the cup did prove it right. It was a bold-typed one that would give you an effective wake-up call. Despite that I went for cappuccino, the body was already strong enough and suited my preference well. The smooth finishing made it started great and ended awesomely. 


In a nutshell, the place deserved the try for their coffee, but for the companions (read: foods), I guessed much improvement could still be done there. It’s a nice space to stop-by and indulge yourself with the pampering cup of caffeine.


Taste: 6.5/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 6.5/10
Price: 7/10

Thanks for reading! :)


THREELOGY COFFEE
Address: Jl. Majapahit No. 46, Surabaya
Phone: (+62 31) 567 6650
Operating Hours: Sun - Thu 7am - 9pm, Fri - Sat 7am - 10pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment