Saturday, July 28, 2018

Kedai Kokoho

Wow! Time flies like light speed!! I kept procrastinating writing this blogpost till I realized it’s already months since the visit and I still hadn’t even put a single word into the article. 



Sorry for keep you waiting for those who’ve been waiting for new post especially those excited to know more about this (not so) new coffee shop in Alam Sutera. Hmm, thinking for awhile, I did think calling it coffee shop might be not that suitable since the place looked more like one-stop shop for noodles and toast. 




Yes, the main dishes carried out by Kokoho were both the infamous Indonesian instant noodles - Indomie and the recently trending Roti Nogat. Glad news, both of them were available to be personalized as you desired, to the extent that you could add or change the toppings as you loved. 

Like a simple humble cafe, the design was pretty classic, taking more to hawker style. Nonetheless, the second floor came with the air-conditioned space as well as more sizable outdoor area. Order point would great you first after the entrance where you could see the simple menu.

Indomie Goreng Kokoh (IDR 16k) + Corned Beef (IDR 5k)


Being pretty mainstream, I went for the top ones of Kokoho’s trending chart. Starting with the savory menu, I preferred the noodles to the toast as I wanted it for the sweet doze later. A quite satisfying portion, serving 2 packs of fried instant noodles with scrambled egg and veggies. I’ve always been in love with Indomie that’s being sautéed together with extra toppings added to it, since it made the whole ingredients flavors infused into the whole dish. Moreover, I would never miss adding the extra ‘heaven’ of corned beef, my favorite since elementary and what my taste bud always perceived as best buddy for fried noodles. Paying IDR 5k additional and you would get generous portion of this happiness. Summing up what’s paid, might sound slightly pricey, but still worth the delicacy for sure. 

Roti Gempal Kombinasi Manis (IDR 28k)
+IDR 3k for wheat bread



Those loving to do culinary trip in Bandung for sure would be very familiar with Roti Gempal. Yes, that traditional big loaf, cut right at the middle, stuffed with various toppings, and got toasted. Actually Kokoho did try to fulfill the desire of all type of taste buds by serving both savory and sweet versions. Being a dessert craze, I doubtlessly went for the latter. Well, it also complemented my earlier savory main course for sure! ;)


As the name told you, it was a combination of toppings so you could choose different ones to be stuffed at the center of the loaf. It’s half choco-cheese and half nougat, yep the classic one combined with the recently trending mind-blowing topping that’s too hard to resist! As I’d had my personal favorite for this particular type of dish (I’m sure you know whom I refer to), I had high benchmark for this menu. Surprise surprise, it went WAAAAYYY better than my initial expectation, being so fluffy and showered by uber generous toppings. Great thing, to make you felt less sinful you could opt for the wheat bread by adding IDR 3k. The nougat itself was just right, not overly sweet and became great companion to the bread. It’s such a great job executed by Kokoho as it proved it played the game seriously regardless not being a first-comer. 


Es Alpukat (IDR 24k) + Espresso shot (IDR 3k)
Another trending item, but if earlier was food, this was the beverage. For me this drink was such nostalgic one as it’s my number one option to go for every time I dined outside. Yeah, good old days when my tummy size seemed to be unlimited. Simply said, it’s a mix of avocado juice, chocolate condensed milk, and abundant chocolate powder on top. 



It’s awesome to know that I could add extra espresso shot just by adding IDR 3k. I loved how the chocolate balanced the slight bitterness from the coffee and enriched the overall taste of the drink itself. Beware of getting full as the drink was indeed pretty thick - making it worth the price paid. 


Thanks for giving me one more option for yummy breakie, which was at the same time ‘so-me’! One wish, please open more outlets and make the next one at BSD (wishful but hopeful)





Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


KEDAI KOKOHO
Address: Ruko Jalur Sutera Kav. 29D no. 23 Alam Sutera, Tangerang
Phone: (+62 21) 3005 2369
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 7.30am - 7.30pm


No comments:

Post a Comment