Sunday, March 18, 2018

Kaca Jakarta

When I heard the name Kaca, I was wondering what it would actually mean, then I got my complete understanding once I arrived there, standing right in front of the venue. It might be pretty tricky to find as there’s no single signboard showing where the cafe actually resided. Luckily they put their phone number on the Instagram account so I could give’em a call and right away find it. Yep, it did mention that the cafe was next to Fortune Spa right across Citiwalk, but the missing name there gave me a doubt on which one would actually be it. Well, prolly should be taken into consideration by the owner ;)





The building was literally covered by glass windows and looked more like an office building than a cafe. I wasn’t sure if indeed it used to be an office but now transformed into a cafe, but from the conversation I overheard (oops sorry), apparently there’s a reconstruction planned on the venue itself. The current one had pretty much represented the name though and I found it so funny looking at their takeaway paper cups using the tagline of ‘Sudah ngaca belom?’.



It was a gigantic space, designed like joint living room with different setting for each table. I wasn’t sure if later when they redecorated the space they would let it be like this or they might make several private rooms as the size did allow them to do so. It was very convenient and I loved to be in a spacious coffeeshop as it gave me the impression of being free and relax. 


The big coffee bar became the order point as well and the center of attention as they displayed the pastries to accompany your caffeine cups at this particular corner. Croissants, cakes, simple sponge cake and even traditional savory snacks were there sitting in arrays. 

For the ones whose tummy could only get satisfied by nothing but rice, there were several main courses serving Indonesian cuisines with rice as the main carbo, such as fried rice, grilled rice, and others. 




Hot White 5oz (IDR 33k)


The house looked very confident with their beans when they knew you’re a coffee lover. The barista asked me if I was more into black or white and I surely opted for the latter. Yep, better go light on weekend ;). As usual, the common choices were there and I went for cappuccino. I was enchanted by this premiere trial as my cup gave that fruity flavor with light acidity at the first sip, but clean after-taste in the end. The body level also suited my liking well, being at medium, close to strong level. Great opening of the day!

Pandan Gula Melaka Cake (IDR 38k)
Having been stuck for awhile in the dilemmatic moment when I had to choose one from the 3 selections of the sliced cakes, I finally picked the most peculiar one, Pandan Gula Melaka! Yeah, this was also the one they called out as their signature and most favorite. OK, let’s give it a try then. 


Though I did think it’s bit pricey with the quite tiny slice, but the taste wasn’t bad. It’s kinda similar to pandan sponge cake, but probably a bit more dense. I did wish it to be slightly more moist, but I was impressed by the gula melaka layers in between and on top. The sweetness from it well complemented the other flavors and the additional shredded coconut made it go better. Somehow I felt like eating either putu or klepon, but in the form of sliced cake. 

Almond Croissant (IDR 22k)



I was almost ordering another sliced cake, when I spotted this Almond Croissant and somehow felt it shouted to me that I shouldn’t miss it. The appearance looked so tempting with that crumbling almond layer on top. I was totally a lame in this and I guessed my tongue worked faster than my brain, and ‘Bump!! It’s there in the order!!’



Smelling the hypnotizing aroma only could already tell me how distinctive it would turn out. Slicing it for the first bite got me more excited as I could get exposed to the crushed almond paste stuffed in this crunchy golden-brown layers. Seriously, hands up!! I couldn’t love it more than I did in this first attempt. Such a mesmerizing one, that made another bite seemed unstoppable. Flawless combination of butter, almond, and milk flavors in an exquisitely-served pastry!


I wouldn’t say too much anymore, I could just simply wish this ‘glass house’ was just next door so I could wake up to this beautiful indulgence every day <3. One thing for sure, I’m looking forward to being the first customer munching your almond croissant in the newly reconstructed outlet!



Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for reading! :)


KACA JAKARTA
Address: Jl. KH Mas Mansyur 129 - 130, Jakarta (next to Fortune Hotel)
Phone: (+62) 811 120 7779
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm, Sat - Sun 9am - 6pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment