Sunday, July 29, 2018

Vallee Neuf

Sounded like unfamiliar language? Well, we’re in the same shoes if you just nodded your head. Trying to browse a little bit, I figured out Vallee Neuf was a phrase in French meant New Valley. It’s quite peculiar, yet attractive enough, just that it’s kinda hard for me to remember the name as the language wasn’t that oftenly heard by myself. It’s kinda funny as I kept having to browse for the name when I was about to go there. For sure not funny when the driver asked where I wanna go and I said I didn’t know ;)





Currently you might find it not available yet on any online map application, but fortunately they wrote the address on the Instagram profile. I then figured out it’s the infamous Ruko New Jasmine, where lately many new cafes in Gading Serpong area resided. It was getting more and more packed since the last time I was here I guessed, with cafes and restaurants sitting next to each other in that single alley. The competition seemed to play stronger now!



Occupying a shophouse, Vallee Neuf was actually not that gigantic cafe, yet spacious enough and quite accommodating as it provided both indoor and outdoor area. As the outdoor space reserved the back side of the venue, it wasn’t that hot to sit there. The theme carried was simple enough with monochromatic colors dominated by grey and light brown. 





The bar table as, which was also the order point was doubtlessly the center of attention, since that’s where all the gorgeous-looking desserts were displayed. Yes, this was surely my kind of paradise as they did focus on pampering sweet tooth like me! Cookies, cakes, pastries, tarts, just name it <3



Chocolate Mint Charlotte (IDR 38k)


The most tempting one for my sight as chocolate lover was this beautiful slice of cake. I knew I wasn’t that much into mint, but yeah my gut just said why not giving it a try. It served mousse-alike texture, with milk chocolate taste. It’s okay-ish for me, being neither too bold for the chocolate but neither too milky as well. At first I thought the edge would be crispy like pie, but turned out it’s more into soft one, kinda similar to the texture of lady finger. You needn’t worry if you weren’t a mint guy just like me, as I could barely taste the mint flavor as well. Overall, not bad to be tried :)

Paris Brest (IDR 36k)


Paris Brest always captured my attention with its classy look. That cream layer in between was always the most attractive and I was quite happy that Vallee Neuf’s came in quite petite version so I could save some space for trying more from the display! If I could rank my 3 orders, this would win the runner-up in terms of taste. The choux was fluffy and the praline cream was quite pleasant despite I wouldn’t call it best of a kind. Non-dessert lover could surely have it since it’s pretty light and not going extreme with the sweetness. 

Amandine (IDR 33k)


I was the one fell for this at first time since its glossy look made it become so irresistible. I even initially thought it’s dummy just for display since the look seemed to be too good to be true. Turning from just being additional order, actually this Amandine won the number one podium from all of my orders. The almond and butter scent could be strongly felt once it melted in the mouth! The combination of texture from the crispy pie and the moist filling was an impressive and addictive duo. Even my sister who mostly said no to almond loved it to bits!

Hot Cappuccino (IDR 37k)


The mandatory drink didn’t take absent even this time. Being the nice buddy to the sweets fellas, it tasted not bad with its medium body and low acidity. The aroma was where I wished to get something stronger though. The presentation? It's my top of mind; but not because of the latte art but the uber cute saucer, which I thought I'd never met elsewhere before.


Butter beer (IDR 42k) 


Moving to the more interesting one, when I spotted Butter Beer was served there, I knew I shouldn’t miss the chance to try it. It just made me realize how I missed sipping this drink while strolling around Universal Studio, the place that introduced me to this awesome drink for the first time. Vallee Neuf version was pretty pleasing and played great role in curing my craving, so do take this as a call for you who’s as much as myself into the drink! Not to forget, thanks to the house for the complimentary cookies and nuts, being perfect companion to my butter beer! I felt like watching movies having this set on my hand!


After my delightful experience in the premiere visit, I could only say that I was excited waiting for the upcoming one, trying more from the shelf, and who knows if they would invent more innovative recipes to spoil my taste bud? ;)


Taste: 7/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


VALLEE NEUF
Address: Ruko New Jasmine HA 16 No. 23, Gading Serpong, Tangerang
Phone: (+62 21) 5568 4129
Operating Hours: Tue - Sun 10am - 6pm


No comments:

Post a Comment