Monday, April 1, 2019

Bloomsbury at Kopi Pono

You might get confused why there seemed to be two places mentioned here, for which one apparently resided in the place of another. You’ve just got it right if you thought that way, as Bloomsbury indeed took place inside the venue of Kopi Pono. Sounded like a florist, basically it’s not. I personally would call it a patisserie, given the fact that it focused heavily on pastries and cakes. Not only selling the ready-to-serve sliced one, they did take it seriously when it came to presentation. They over delivered the expectation, with the cake sold at pretty affordable price, but astonishing plating.





Before going further with what’s on the table, let me give you a virtual mini tour on the cafe itself. At my visit time, there’s actually a birthday party, but luckily it’s still open for public. The green and pink combination featured by the venue reminded me of typical tropical design I often met lately in any newly opened coffee shops. The size of the cafe itself was pretty surprising as it looked much bigger than my initial prediction. The back spot was pretty huge and the interior was cool, having the innovative ideas of mezzanine floor for smoking area, as well as floor-sitting (read: lesehan). Each person could enjoy their way of getting themselves comfortable :) .








Pineapple Honey (IDR 25k) 


Shooing away the thirst, the lunch began with this non-coffee fusion drink handcrafted by the house. It’s a palatable mix of pineapple, honey, lemon, and mint. It’s a smart idea of using honey as the natural sweetener, then balancing the taste with lemon’s sourness. It did give the refreshing element into the drink, and the mint simply completed it. Be lil’ bit patient and let the ice cubes melt, then I bet you would get the best taste of your drink as it would get to the perfect sweetness level.

Dory Creamed Spinach (IDR 49k)
  

Kickin’ the palate with something savory, I opted for this creamy dish. Being in the same boat with Popeye, I did love spinach and I couldn’t resist the invention of making it served in creamy sauce. You needn’t be worried of feeling nauseated because of it, because the pepper and garlic touch made the whole mix tasted awesome. Moreover, the pan-seared dory and sautéed baby potatoes came as perfect addition to the club, despite the dory was slightly overcooked. Feeling like getting the whole nutrition the tummy needed with the protein, the veggies, and the carbo made a trio in my plate.

Chocolate Treasure (IDR 45k)



Treasure!! Doesn’t it always sound like something mesmerizing? I couldn’t agree more when the name was assigned to this dish as the way to enjoy it was exactly like trying to figure out what’s the treasure underneath the chocolate dome. Pour the warm chocolate on it, then BAM! You got the warm chocolate cake to be enjoyed together with the vanilla ice cream. If you said you’re a chocolate lover, I bet this would go as your first option. It’s not overly sweet, and the chocolate game went strong here. The vanilla ice cream played its role well in sweetening the overall taste and lightening a bit the bold chocolate flavor. It’s simply like the yin and yang on the dessert plate.

Nutella Cheesecake (IDR 48k)



When Nutella got married to cheesecake, there cane happily ever after. I was right away sold to the cake right at the first time it melted on my palate. I was amazed that none of the ingredients making the others’ taste fading. The texture couldn’t suit me better as it’s thick and creamy, just like the way I loved my cheesecake. Oh well, if only calories didn’t exist, I might have requested a couple more slices!


 

Serving me the pleasure of dessert paradise, I would for sure come back here to try some more. I was super curious of the panna cotta, but unfortunately it’s out of stock at that time. Having my next order list readily available, I surely couldn’t wait for the upcoming visit!!



Taste: 8/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 7/10

Price: 7.5/10

Thanks for reading! :)


BLOOMSBURY AT KOPI PONO
Address: Jl. Kemang Selatan No. 125, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 2271 9715
Operating Hours: Sun - Thu 8am - 9pm, Fri - Sat 8am - 11pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment