Friday, April 19, 2019

Myriad

Just like the real world where physical appearance might not be the representative of everything, same case happened with my first (and prolly the only) visit here. The clean and minimalist white-based interior stole my attention as the place seemed to be so comfy for spending long hours. It’s like dining in a glass house with windows surroundings the dining area. It’s unique and creative to also put glass walls in between some of the spaces, so you felt like watching other people next-door.  




Nevertheless , the love-struck only lasted for awhile and there came the reality - the terrifying service, even right at the first point of contact which was the entrance. I was firstly welcome by the short queue, with no waiter standby for the waiting list. Trying to find one, finally the guy appeared and told me that the venue’s fully occupied so I had to be on the waiting list together with all the people coming after me which started to pile up. Sitting there for awhile without any sign that someone’s going to call us, I entered the venue asking how many people they had on the list so I could estimate how long I needed to wait. Sadly I need to figure out that the list was never there so they just asked us to wait without any certainty. Trying to break the false hope, I looked around and saw some vacant tables inside and I right away asked why then I couldn’t sit there. Just by then they finally permitted me to occupy one of them. Well, first disappointment. 






Their menu was quite diverse, having the range of dishes from Asian to Western, pasta to rice-based as well as bread-based. Not only savory dishes, the sweet ones also had pretty rich varieties. 

Southern Chicken Rolls (IDR 75k)



Coming just in time, I still managed to get the dish which was only served till 2.30pm. One of them was this brioche toast topped with gigantic fried chicken, chorizo, and cheese. Nothing’s special with the fried chicken, and I did expect the sauce to be more tasty and more spicy since the menu did call out the sauce to be hot. Rather than calling the sauce as spicy, I guessed it’s more to barbecue sauce and mayonnaise. The mayonnaise would be better to go with less doze though as for my liking it’s kinda too much. I could barely taste the cheese in the dish as well, but fortunately the chorizo slices kinda helped, with its luscious peppery taste.

Green Onde (IDR 63k)



Prior to reading the menu details, I had expected that these cute petite balls would contain green tea spotting that their name carried the word ‘green’. Despite I expected the size to be closer to the general onde size, I did admit the presentation looked outstanding (if I pretended that raspberry sorbet wasn’t melting when served). Well, who would have thought simple fried traditional dessert could turn out this fancy? The ‘play’ of refreshing and sour taste from the sorbet with the sweetness from the matcha and chocolate soil was undoubtedly smart. Just improve the ball size a bit, so the matcha filling could go bolder as well (and perhaps ensure the sorbet wasn’t melted already when landed on the table), then the dessert would be top-notch!


Lychee Cordial (IDR 49k)


Looking that this mocktail mixed the most numbers of ingredients, it tickled my curiosity to give it a try. Pomegranate, lychee, orange, apple, pear, and lemon; yep quite much and I also thought never in my lifetime I got to enjoy all in one. So being my premiere, I expected the glass would be super colorful with the abundant mixed-fruit slices. Surprisingly, it’s just my wishful thinking as what I had was mixed fruit concentrate I guessed. I wouldn’t call it bad, being refreshing enough with the burst of soda. Nonetheless, perhaps just kinda pricey?

Sour Raspberry (IDR 42k)


Coming in similar color, despite the name said sour, it’s actually sweet and just like general mocktail, the sparkling soda sensation was surely there. The blend of french vanilla, raspberry, lemon, and strawberry (as what the menu called out which I might not mention completely only by sipping) tasted refreshing enough, but not something I would want to go back for as I didn’t find anything hooked my taste bud strongly. 

Enjoying the place and getting mesmerized by the interior, it’s just disappointing to know the service was terrifying. In the end, I did value warm service as I did think when you enjoyed it, you would always have reason for coming back.


Taste: 6.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 5/10
Price: 6.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


MYRIAD BISTRO
Address: Jl. Prof. Joko Sutono SH 31, Senopati, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 2708 1206
Operating Hours: Tue - Sun 7am - 11pm


Find me on:

2 comments:

  1. On the contrary, what I found there was a great hospitality and amazing food. Dessert was very unique, it was a soaked pineapple served with a coconut-flavored nitro ice cream with lime gel, pineapple jam, and spongecake as its filing, Didn’t order any special drinks during this visit but will totally try more of their menus.
    Food: Salmon Tartare 8.5/10
    Dessert: The Ananas 10/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myriad has the best duck with sambal matah!! The duck is tender and you can tell that the meat is well seasoned. I am also amazed with their dessert menu. For me, their dessert is unique and worth to try. Aside from great dishes they have, Myriad also offers good service and it's a cozy place for 'me time' as well as gathering with friends/family. Will definitely come back to this place...

    ReplyDelete