Friday, January 16, 2015

Amber Chocolate Bar, More than Just Chocolate

Thanks to Jakarta and all the innovative restaurant owners, who have never failed to amuse me with their impressive concepts and dishes. So here it is, the new comer in Senopati, Amber Chocolate Bar. It is so easy to find the place as it is quite huge and thus, highly visible. To give you additional direction, Amber is located right across the well-known dessert spot, Cacaote.


Not talking about the interior yet, even the outer appearance of Amber is very eye-catchy and eye-friendly. Yes, you can see the green wall, made of the hanging plants. Such natural and refreshing scenery!  






 
Entering the venue, you can feel the classic Europe ambiance; not only due to the design but even the songs played. The first area you will see once you come in is the Pastry Boutique, which is open since early in the morning. Going up one floor, you’ll be in The Library, whose decoration is mostly dominated by books; exactly look like the real one! Then, the top floor is the Sky Lounge, which starts to open in the afternoon. As I came quite early at that time, I could only enjoy the selections from their Pastry Boutique.









As an additional information, Amber also sells cookies, chocolates, and various types of hampers with super gorgeous packaging.







Named as Chocolate Bar, you needn't worry if chocolate doesn't suit your palate since Amber do provide many more dishes than just chocolate. They do have so many cakes, which are not chocolate-based. Moreover, you're also able to purchase their whole-cakes instead of sliced cakes only.





Macaron Raspberry Sandwich (IDR 40k)


Coming as the opening, this macaron could be said as a pretty light one. The size was neither too large, nor too small. The sweetness level was already right for me and I loved the combination of slightly sour raspberries with sweet custard at the middle part. Simply said, this one was good enough though I thought it was slightly over-priced.

Mixed Fruit Danish

 
I’ve always loved danish as I really love its thin and crispy texture. Combined it with any toppings and I would be more than curious to try it. So, this Mixed Fruit Danish was the first danish I tried at Amber. The texture was satisfying as it did fulfill my expectation. The fruit toppings were fresh, combining both sweet and sour taste.

Chocolate Danish


If I said the mixed fruit one was lovely, then this Chocolate Danish was must-have. Coated with dark chocolate and filled with chocolate cream, you could get the complete package of chocolate taste in this not-so-photogenic danish. Never judge the taste from the appearance, since I believe any chocolate and danish lover surely wouldn’t want to miss this.

Chocolate Sasha (IDR 40k)


This was another dessert that mostly contained various chocolate-based elements, starting from chocolate brownie as the base, chocolate cream at the middle part, and thin milk-chocolate layers at the middle and on top. Presentation wise, this was my most favorite among all! If you happened to be familiar with Plaisir Sucre, this one more or less looked like that, except for the brownie base which came as the replacer to the crispy base in Plaisir Sucre. How about the taste? It was quite nice though I had to admit that this was not my favorite as I still preferred crispy base than moist brownie.

Chocolate Salted Caramel Pie (IDR 40k)



If I’ve mentioned previously that chocolate lover surely would not want to miss Chocolate Danish, then this one’s also a must for him. Yeah, danish might be said as the ‘appetizer’ version of dessert, while this cake’s the ‘main course’. I extremely adored the brilliant idea of combining slightly bitter dark chocolate powder as the outer part, with sweet cream and salted caramel as the inner part. Besides, there’s also a combination carried by the texture, which was the solid cake base with the soft and creamy filling. In short, this cake served you a heavenly rich mixture on a single plate.

Pistachio Raspberry Chocolate (IDR 50k)



Finally, we arrived at BEST OF THE BEST! If you named Chocolate Salted Caramel Pie as heaven, then this cutie greenie cake was the seventh heaven! Bringing together into layers; pistachio cream and crust, chocolate, and raspberry cream and jelly, this cake doubtlessly blew my mind away. It’s just terrific! The sweet taste was flawlessly balanced by the slightly sour and definitely refreshing taste.  Besides, the distinctive presentation also reflected that the dessert chef did pay very high attention to details.  

Iced Tea (IDR 30k)


Not much things to comment on this one. It was pretty refreshing and the presentation was indeed so unique. I’ve never seen such distinctive way to served iced tea before.

Valrhona Jivara Hot Chocolate Fountain (IDR 55k)



Honestly speaking, at first I doubted to order this one looking at the quite high price. Just felt afraid that the taste turned out bad and I would regret spending that amount for beverage only. Nevertheless, all my doubts were proven to be totally wrong. I’ve made the ultimately right decision by picking this as my beverage. The chocolate taste was very strong and the thickness seamlessly suited my preference. Confidently a must-try from the selections of beverages!

In a nutshell, I was totally in love with all the sweet-tooth served by Amber. Not only displayed in gorgeous presentation, the taste did pamper my taste bud. Enjoyed them in a classy yet cozy venue and welcomed with great hospitality, I just couldn’t ask for more, totally a satisfied customer! At that visit, my friends and I were greeted by the Manager and inquired about our opinions on the ones we ordered, even suggestions for further improvement. One thing for sure, I’ll come back real soon for the sweets I haven’t tried as well as the savory dishes available in The Library.

Taste: 8.5
Place: 9
Service: 9
Price: 8

Thanks for Reading! :)


AMBER CHOCOLATE BAR
Address: Jl. Senopati Raya No. 61
Phone: (021) 2904 4412
Operating Hours: Pastry Boutique (7am – 10pm), Library (10am – 11pm), Sky Lounge (5pm – 1am)


Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment