Saturday, January 10, 2015

Union Deli, Another Stunning Invention from Union



Having existed for quite long time, until this second Union’s still not left by the crowd. Almost all the time, you still have to go through the long waiting list in prior to dine in the restaurant. Just weeks ago, Union came with its brand new outlet, Union Deli, which brings a slightly different concept compared to the existing ones. Basically, Union Deli focuses more on light meals, both the sweet and savory ones, so the selections of dishes served here are not as much as either the outlet in Plaza Senayan or in Pondok Indah Mall.
  




Unfortunately, the traffic’s even worse than those two outlets as the waiting list is even far longer. Yeah, not only because of the existing delicious dishes from Union that everyone really adore, but also the new desserts that doubtlessly raise the curiosity of all Union’s loyal customers to have a try on them. Luckily, not like in Union Plaza Senayan, you will not be limited by time when enjoying your dining session here.

Talking about the design of the venue, I can say that the concept is really similar to Union’s Plaza Senayan. Every corner reminds you of classic European style, which will let you feel the ambiance of elegance and exclusivity.


 
Besides, the service is pretty good as all the waiters and waitresses are highly responsive, especially when you’ve already had your seat. Yes, you might be quite irritated when you’re waiting to get your table ready. Nonetheless, once you’re on your table, they’ll serve you like a king. You don’t have to wait for long time to get all your orders ready to be enjoyed. 

Mint Chocolate Pie (IDR 75k)




As a chocolate lover, the presentation of this cake definitely attracted me to have a try on it. The chocolate glazing decorating the top part of the cake just made it look shiny and tempting. So here it was, served on my table. This beautiful cake was actually the combination of chocolate ganache and mint flavor served on chocolate pie crust. Besides, the mint flavor that’s slightly too strong for me, who actually didn’t really fancy mint, I loved every single components of this cake. The chocolate taste was strong, the pie crust texture was lovely, and the sweetness level was precise. If you’re both chocolate and mint lover, then this cake will certainly be a flawless piece for you.

Red Velvet Pie (IDR 50k)


 

You may access all types of social media and I strongly believe you can find Union’s Red Velvet Pie in almost everyone’s timeline. It even had a very catchy nick name, RV pie. This cake was exactly the one that made me unable to wait to visit Union Deli. Everyone’s like kept talking about how heavenly it tasted. 


 
So, how’s the taste for me? Two thumbs up for the stunning invention made by talented Chef Karen Carlotta. This one was indeed another blissful way to enjoy the uber delicious red velvet of Union. Basically, for me the taste was exactly similar to the red velvet cake, and the only difference was the red velvet pie crust which came as the base part of this one. If you asked which one’s better, my answer would be it depends on your taste bud, whether you fancy something with crispy and crumbling texture, or you prefer something more moist. Just one note, the cake one contains more peanut toppings compared to the pie one. I myself thought that the red velvet cake’s still the award-winner, though I was really in love with the pie as well! Yeah, having both will be far better! :p

Key Lime Pie (IDR 55k)



Blending lemon curd, meringue, and cookie crumbles into a glass of impressively-looking dessert; this key lime pie was another best-seller menu in Union Deli. At first, I was quite doubtful to order this one as I was not into sour desserts. Nevertheless, looking that so many people did order it, I decided to follow the crowd. Surprisingly, I fell in love with the cake! Though it was indeed sour due to the lemon curd, but that taste was impeccably balanced with the sweet taste from the meringue and the cookie crumble. Moreover, since the cake delivered mixture of flavors, it turned out not only refreshing, but also tasted delightful even until the very last spoon.

Cappuccino (IDR 30k)



 
Coming in simple yet gorgeous presentation, this cappuccino might suit the preference of those who loved coffee with quite high acidity level. The taste of the coffee itself was good and the smell was quite strong.
  
Latte (IDR 30k)

 
In my previous review on Union Plaza Senayan, I have ever talked about this latte. So I think you might have had the right guess on how’s my opinion toward this hot beverage since I ordered it again. If you’ve ever read my previous review on Union and you still remembered it, what made me love this latte was the balance it brought between the coffee and the milk. As the coffee’s acidity was actually quite high, this cup gave you slightly more milk to complement that acid taste. Since I love coffee with normal-to-low acidity level, this one suited me better than the cappuccino.

Caramel Macchiato (IDR 30k)


First thing that made me fall in love with this drink was its smell. Yes, the smell of the caramel syrup mixed with the coffee was so good making me unable to wait to have a sip on it. Served in smaller portion than the latte (similar to cappuccino), this caramel macchiato didn’t fail to satisfy me as well. Just one input, if it could be less sweet a little bit, I believe it would taste even better!

 
For those who haven’t tried the new desserts from Union Deli as you feel reluctant to go through that long queue, trust me, you’ll never regret the time you spend waiting for these divine tasted cakes. A great suggestion for you, coming in the weekday morning will absolutely be a perfect chance to avoid that high traffic on the venue.

Taste: 9/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10

Thanks for Reading! :)



UNION DELI
Address: Grand Indonesia – East Mall GF
Phone: (021) 2358 0476
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 10am – 10pm
Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment