Monday, October 9, 2017

Analogy Pastry and Bistro

Unintentionally, when I passed by Pondok Indah area, I spotted this white-themed coffee shop standing at my right side beautifully. It appeared as shining to me since the buildings sitting side by side were all colorful and mostly offices, banks, and shop houses. Simply said, it looked as the one stood out. 
 
Having its big sign board at the front side, I felt lucky that I got the name and was able to browse more information about it. As you might have guessed, simplest method was surely looking for it on Instagram and yeaayyy, gotcha! 

 
I found out that it’s not a new comer at all, being there for years and even supplying cakes and pastries to several cafes. Woooww! This was certainly something to call as hidden gem, well perhaps for me who wasn’t that often strolling around this area. 

 
I was having a gigantic coffee shop in my mind, created through my own imagination when looking at its appearance from the outside, yet things turned out the opposite when the door was finally opened and the inside looking was released. It’s actually not as huge as that, especially for the dining spot residing at first level, dedicated for non-smokers. Trying to think further, I guessed it’s probably their kitchen and baking station accommodating majority of the space. I didn’t go up to the second storey, but just to tell you they did have that space for the smokers to enjoy themselves. 



 
Looking at my surroundings I could tell this place was indeed nothing like the monochromatic coffee shops or the ones trying to come up with contemporary concept. It’s a classic and minimalist one, more like a humble stop for simple meals and for sweets as they indeed specialized in those heavenly pleasure. 



 
At the center there was the tall and side showcase, standing in proud displaying stuffs to make you feel unstoppable to order some more. They ranged from savory to sweet ones so all palates could got themselves satisfied. Great thing, for some items they did give the options of petite size so you could try more variants.
 
Hot Cappuccino (IDR 35k)
OK. Let’s start everything with coffee. As I hadn’t had my morning caffeine doze yet while it’s already quite late (still morning yet was already hours after my normal day starting time), my palate demanded its craving to get satisfied. Having 2 options shown on the menu, regular and large with only IDR 2k price difference, I absolutely went for the latter though I did know the difference would be from the milk doze only in majority. 
 

 
Having the cup landed on the table, I then realized it was literally large, and was quite affordable priced at this level. However, taking a sip from it, my taste bud told me it wanted something more, stronger-bodied beans to give a stronger wake-up call for the brain. But if you’re those preferred lighter and creamier version of coffee, this would surely be your cup.
 
Bacon and Cheese Petite Pie 
Starting the round with something savory, I had the mini one. Yes surely to save more space in the tummy for the sweets! No need to think too much, I could right away make my choice, the one with that abundant shredded cheese on top. I was kind of underestimating this pie at the beginning since I knew its look wasn’t like so gorgeous that you would immediately got drooled.
 

 
But when it came to taste, despite that it’s slightly too salty, it was so luscious and I would definitely admit they’re very generous in giving the toppings. I could get the bacon in each bite regardless the small size and the affordable price. The tart base was also deliciously buttery and crunchy. Yummm!
Chocolate Dome
 
 
Yeaaayy! The most awaited part. Something sooo chocolate to get my sugar-high moment. Following the suggestion, I had this black dome-shaped cake which was said to be the most-ordered. The content behind that shiny chocolate coating was mainly milk chocolate mousse, which was decent as the cacao flavor was pretty bold making it enjoyable till the last spoon. It would surely suit most people including non-sweet lovers as it didn’t go overly sweet
 

If you’re looking for pastries, cakes, and anything light to munch or to accompany your chillin’ time, this place could be taken into your list of choices for sure. They actually served main courses as well, including breakfast menus but I hadn’t tried any of them yet. So perhaps next time would be their turn ;)
 
Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 7.5/10
 
 
Thanks for reading! :)
 
 
ANALOGY PASTRY AND BISTRO
Address: Pondok Indah Plaza 2, Jl. Metro Pondok Indah, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 7591 2076
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 11pm
 Instagram
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment