Saturday, February 22, 2020

Creme

Call me Elmo's bestfriend, YESSSS I'M HUUUGEE FAN OF COOKIE!! Simple cookie, cookie dough, cookie spread, well name it.... I simply love'em all. Hence no wonder when I was swiping through pages on Instagram, then suddenly spotting gigantic-cookies picture posted by an account I couldn't recall already, my heart skipped a beat. Then snap! Right away the 'hands crafted those enticing bites', CREME, directly moved to my top list of 'places-to-go'.



Strolling around Soho area hasn't gotten me any less excitement yet. If some people are so much into either the apparels or gadgets shops, I am much more into the restaurants, cafes, and dessert places they offer. Like oh dear, so many of the 'sweets paradise' I'm tempted to visit has at least one of their outlets located around this area. So yes, you couldn't be more accurate if you picture me finding myself again and again being back to this place.

Trying to find sweet ending to my savory meal, cookies out of the blue came into my mind like an unexpected thunder strike. Well, prolly it's unconsciously stuck there because I spotted Ben's Cookies (which was actually just my other favorite ever since my first trial of it in Singapore - and so happy knowing it has much more branches in London). So guess what happened after SOHO met cookies in my mind? Yep, my first trial for CREME!




The outlet was actually kinda petite that I almost passed it without realizing it's just right there. Located in a quite small alley at the heart of SOHO, it's quite packed with people enjoying either their cookies, hot drinks, or soft serve while standing inside the outlet as well as in front. Regardless its girly pinky design, I was kinda surprised not few of the guests were males. Well, I guessed it proved 'taste never lies'.

The selection of the menu was pretty limited as I mentioned earlier and for sure the most favorites were their cookies and soft serve. The regular flavors provided for the cookies were Milk Chocolate, Double Chocolate, White Cocolate Miso, and Banana Dark Chocolate; all of which offered at quite high price of £4 each. For those who might be not that much into sweets, the size was surely for share as when they kept saying that they offered really big cookies, they did mean it. A cookie monster like me, however doubtlessly didn't mind to finish it all myself though.



Freshly baked in the house, my order was served warm and literally fresh from the oven that I could still see the melting milk chocolate. My pick was the best seller of the kitchen; the classic one yet also the signature. Being gigantic and thick, you could imagine that 'ooey-gooey' piece of heaven. Call me over-exaggerating now, then regret later once you give it a try, as the taste's surely mindblowing! CERTAINLY BEST COOKIE I'VE EVER HAD IN LIFETIME!! Right sweetness level, pleasant buttery aroma, precise chewiness - all serving the combination of how I just loved my cookie to be. Having it for takeaway, I kinda regretted not buying their box of 6 (£22), or even box of 12 (£40) package *frowned*



Having had their cookie only, stay tune for my next visit for their soft serve, hot chocolate with generous marshmallows on top, and surely other cookies!



Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 6.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7/10



Thanks for reading! :)


Crème
Address: 4 D'Arblay Street, Soho - London, W1F 8DJ
Phone: (+44) 203 457 2000
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 10am - 9pm


No comments:

Post a Comment