Wednesday, February 26, 2020

L'eto Caffe

'Count the memories, not the calories'... yep, that's what L'eto kept telling all its customers. Well, especially for a sweet tooth like me, this definitely prevailed. The moment I stood right next to the cakes display, I couldn't hold myself from falling into deep dilemma of what to opt for. It's simply like 'Oh dear.. could I just have everything!'



The menu selection itself actually went beyond both the sweets and savory dishes displayed. They did serve various meals for breakfast, brunch, lunch, till dinner. Nonetheless, as I came there for afternoon tea only, hence I needed to 'wave next time' to those tempting choices. 

Sitting in the line of similar cafes in Brompton areas, L'eto was initially not my only option. As next to it there were other cafes offering menu for afternoon tea as well, I walked pass all of them and sneaked from the glass windows on what they're trying to offer as most of them displayed their selections of cakes. It's exactly like window-shopping, just that the items were cakes.





My final decision then went to L'eto as I could see they had the 'richest catalogue' offering longest list of choices. No wonder, they're also the one with longest queue, which was actually the combination of those who just wanted to take away and those who wanted to dine in. The guests really varied, from couples, families, group of youngsters, name it. Yeah, I guessed people in the city did love desserts nothing less than I did.


Luckily, it didn't take that long before my friend and I finally got a seat. It was indeed not a very big space, but the details of the interior did get me amazed. The garden-alike setting especially the food-display corner, reminded me of Alice in Wonderland - such a lovely place to dine in!




As in most cases, visuals did play better role than words. Once you saw the real cakes in front of you, you got more confused on which one to go for. However at the same time, it eased you to know which were which as you needed neither to read long explanation nor to imagine how the dessert would look like. 

Violet & Raspberry Macaron Cake (£5.9)


Belonged to my friend, I would say this was one of the most beautiful piece L'eto offered, gorgeously combining the bold colors. The macaron stacks were pretty nice, despite those who were not that much into desserts might think they're slightly too sweet. For my palate, they're just right *wink*Good thing, the refreshing and slightly sour raspberry did balance the overall taste. The cream was okay-ish for me, and I might fancy it more in case it came with something tastier like cream cheese. 

Raspberry Ricotta Cheesecake (£6.5)


Okay, looked like the big fan of cheesecake just got what she wished for! I was super excited spotting they had several options of cheesecake flavors. As my tummy surely couldn't afford to take all, my pick went to this ricotta one with refreshing fruit toppings. The cheesecake itself was the creamy yet light type, with not overly bold cheese taste; a lovely option to go for. 

Blue Magic (£4.5)



Unconsciously, my friend picked the drink whose color matched her cake really well - a set of purple delicacy. Named as Magic, you might have correctly guessed that the drink would be a color-changing one, once you poured the mixture into the tea pot. The flavor was mainly lychee, which doubtlessly tasted pleasant and refreshing.

Hot Chocolate (£5.9)


Being an Indonesian who believed chocolate and cheese were perfect combination, as I went for cheesecake, I then opted for hot chocolate as my cup to enjoy. Well, just kidding, I did opt for chocolate drink and cheesecake dessert, yet it actually had nothing to do with the choco-cheese 'concept'. I was hitched by the hot chocolate as I read the menu telling that it featured Gianduja chocolate and the fact that it's served with nuts and rice-crisps made it being even more peculiar. Not only the presentation was appealing, my first sip did get me hooked right away. It became the perfect choice as winter-warmer, and chocolate lover like me surely got blown away by the bold cocoa flavor!

In a nutshell, I could easily imagine myself keep coming back again, paying my first-trials for their other cakes and handcrafted drinks!


Taste: 7/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price 7/10


Thanks for reading! :)


L'ETO CAFFE
Address: 243 Brompton Road, London, SW3 2EP
(Other locations in London: Soho, King's Road, Belgravia, Mayfair)
Phone: (+44) 20 7854 2860 
Operating Hours: Sun - Thu 9am - 10pm, Fri 8.30am - 10pm, Sat 8.30am - 11pm


Find me on:

1 comment:


  1. Hey Nice Blog!!! Thank you for sharing information. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, waiting for a more new post. Keep Blogging.For more details visit us at
    Certificate III in Patisserie Australia!

    ReplyDelete