Monday, September 15, 2014

A Fat Sip from the Fat Glass at the Fat Straw



This newly opened bubble tea store has successfully captured my interest when I firstly looked at the picture of its fatty cute cup. I’ve never seen any similar one before in all bubble tea stores I’ve ever visited. Trying to find out more information about it, I then knew that it was actually not really new as it has been established since last year in Kelapa Gading. The new one opened in Gandaria City is the branch of it. 

Using bee theme as the design, the venue looked very engaging. You could see bee hive patterns at almost every corner of the place. It was quite spacious, allowing the guests to enjoy both their beverages and light meals right at the place instead of taking them away, as what the guests of other bubble tea shops usually did. 



Popcorn Chicken (IDR 32k)



Before going to the main actor, which was the bubble tea, I decided to have some light meals first. My choice went to this Popcorn Chicken, the savoury dish served there besides French Fries. Served in a large paper cup, the presentation was actually quite simple, yet appealing enough to make you drool. Yeah, deep-fried snacks indeed never failed to satisfy my taste-bud. As shown through the name, the chicken truly came in popcorn shape. I liked the crispy texture and the savoury taste of it. The portion was generous enough as well. However, I thought it might be better if they used thinner coating for the chicken (and thicker cut for the chicken hopefully :p)

Black Magic Milk Tea – Large (IDR 25k)
with Additional Honey Boba and Taro Pudding (IDR 3k +IDR 3k)

Now you could see this fatty cute cup I told you before :). For my first trial, I desired to order milk tea. However, I was confused about which flavor to order. I then asked the waitress which was actually their best seller, and here it came, the Black Magic Milk tea. The waitress said that this one had stronger tea flavor and used brown sugar. For size, I doubtlessly picked the large one, simply because the cup was too cute to resist :p. For ice and sugar level, actually you would not be asked to mention your request. So if you indeed have special request on them, you’d better tell the waitress when making your order. Not to forget, I certainly had to add some toppings since for me, bubble tea without toppings would never be complete. This time, I gave a try on Honey Boba and Taro Pudding.

Shake, shake, then sluuurppp! A very fat sip from the fat cup using the fat straw (luckily I did not have to add by the fat me – Thanks to all the fat-burn exercises! haha). Wooww! I really loved the taste of this Black Magic Milk Tea. It immediately reminded me of my most favorite milk tea, which I very often had during my college time in Surabaya. I was really happy finding Fat Straw as now I could satisfy my craving toward that ‘College-time Milk Tea’ through Fat Straw’s Black Magic Milk Tea. The sweetness level was perfectly balanced. No wonder the waitress said that they indeed did not provide choices for sugar level as the sweetness level was already ideal. For toppings, I guessed the honey boba would taste even better if they cooked it for slightly longer time because I preferred it to be chewier. Whilst, I had to admit that their taro pudding was exceptional. It was so silky and the sweetness was just right. Absolutely a perfect companion for the perfect Black Magic Milk Tea!  

   
If you were a bubble tea lover, giving Fat Bubble a try was surely right. I would definitely go back here to try their other flavors. I guessed my next one would be their signature menu, the Ice Milk Drink, which was basically fresh milk mixed with choices of toppings. Looking forward to coming up with the update :)

Taste: 8.5/10
Price: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


FAT STRAW
Address: Gandaria City, Mainstreet, GF / Jl. Kelapa Nias Raya Blok QB5 No. 6, Kelapa Gading
Phone: (021) 4584 0709 (Kelapa Gading)
Operating hours: Mon – Sun 9am – 11pm / Weekdays 11am – 11pm, Weekends 11am – 00am


Find me on:

Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment