Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Never-enough Cakes at Bistro Garcon

Yihaaa! Finally I can come up with another review for one of my ‘basecamps’. Why ‘basecamp’? Exactly! Because Garcon is located very close to my boardinghouse and it is one of my most favorite places to go for dessert. I really love this spacious restaurant as it is not only cozy for spending quite long time, but it is also able to make me feel the luxurious atmosphere due to its classic and elegant design. Unfortunately, I just realize that I’ve never taken even a single picture of Garcon’s adorable venue. Might be in my next visit, I should take some.

Gateau Au Fromage Blanc Passion (IDR 40k)

Let’s start with something fresh. Combining the infamous rare cheesecake with refreshing passion fruit, which I believe you would rarely find or even have never found, this cake has delivered a brilliant innovation through a slice of cake. You could enjoy the ideal mixture of sweet and sour taste through a beautifully served slice of cake. For you who did not really like too creamy cheesecake, this cake would once again encourage you to order it. Moreover, at the bottom part, you could find the thin crispy crust that perfectly suited the moist texture of the cheesecake on top of it.

Angeline (IDR 45k)


At a glimpse, this cake might look like cheesecake. However, it was totally different in actual. For you who desired slight alcohol taste to be enjoyed in your piece of cake, Angeline would surely be your angel. Blending burnt white chocolate mousse with Bailey’s toffee, this cake would give the answer to your craving. The unique Bailey’s toffee flavor perfectly balanced the sweet taste from the white chocolate mousse. Besides, the bottom part was also exceptional. It was somehow looked like cookie crumble, but with more moist and spongy texture, which of course added extra point to this cake. Overall, your taste bud would surely miss this unforgettable flavor.

Babel (IDR 40k)


In the middle of my confusion in choosing which cake to try first, I then picked Babel. Why? As I read through the explanation shown on the display, this cake was the combination of Chocolate Genoise (Italian sponge cake) and banana mousse. The first thing coming into my mind was what could go wrong when chocolate met banana? Surely nothing! Moreover, this cake’s presentation was just too good to be true! It looked engaging yet tempting. Taking the first bite, my mind was immediately blown away! It was SOOOO GOOD! The sponge cake was so moist and was not too sweet. The banana mousse completed with its refreshing taste and scent, which were perfectly blended into the cake. Coming as the extra bonus was the chocolate macaron on top of the cake, which did not only make Babel look more attractive, but also became additional happiness for your taste bud. Not to forget, there was one last hidden surprise from this cake, the peanut butter in the middle of it, which was invisible from the outer appearance of the cake. What else could I ask besides “May I have some more? 

Rocher Monaco (IDR 40k)

 



Are you a chocolate lover? Then gimme a hi-five! So here was Rocher Monaco, the hazelnut chocolate tart which certainly would not fail to satisfy you. It’s just SUPER DUPER YUMMMM! So chocolate and absolutely so so so me! I can’t help myself from taking more spoons of it. Every single element of this cake was amazing. Pie crust was crispy, hazelnut chocolate taste was strong, and the chocolate glazing was gorgeous! Presentation wise, I thought Rocher Monaco was the winner of the most elegant appearance among all cakes.  

So if you’re trying to find a place to go for dessert, I believe now you’ve had the answer. Perfect taste, perfect place, perfect service; I am indeed a highly satisfied customer. Some of you now might wonder, “Then how about the savoury dishes?” Please kindly forgive me as I’ve never tasted one of them as well :p. But you needn’t worry. Once I try it, you’ll surely get the update!

Taste: 9/10
Price: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


BISTRO GARCON
Address: Plaza Senayan L4
Phone: (021) 5790 0140
Operating hours: Sun – Thu 10am – 00am, Fri – Sat 10am – 02am




Find me on:


Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

1 comment:

  1. Coklatnya kliatan enak banget... kapan-kapan harus dicoba...nice review ;D

    Elsye
    IDFB

    ReplyDelete