Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Exquisite Mocktails and Desserts at Hyde Kemang

If previously I visited Hyde to attend the Cook’s Affair event held there, now I came to this restaurant to try its own dishes. I personally thought that Hyde was actually a great place for chilling. It was spacious and able to accommodate many customers. Bringing natural-themed design, the place created refreshing ambiance. Using glass windows and ceilings, the venue could have natural lighting during day time, and allowed the guests to enjoy sky-view during night time. Unfortunately, this design had a downside, which was the place became so hot.



When I visited Hyde, I had had my lunch and thus, I just went here for dessert. However, as it was so hot, I suddenly craved for something refreshing. Looking at the menu, I was immediately attracted to their mocktails, whose combinations looked super unique and innovative. So, I ended up ordering mocktail and sharing desserts with my friends. I was quite confused (read: galau) when I firstly had to decide which mocktail I want to order. Almost all of them sounded appealing according to the explanation. Luckily, the waitress was so helpful as she tried to recommend the one that best suited my preference.



Blushing Bride (IDR 45k)



This first one belonged to my sister. Referring to the menu, it was a blend of strawberry, apple, yoghurt, banana, tofu, and honey. Unfortunately, when I tried it, I could only taste the strawberry and yoghurt and the flavor was not that strong as well. Another thing was I preferred this drink to be sweeter.

Ba-ba-na-na (IDR 45k)

 
I really really love banana and I do love almost all dishes made of it. Yes! This one was surely mine. The menu mentioned that this beverage consisted of banana, passion fruit, caramel, fresh milk, and grape. Right after I took my first sip, I directly fell in love with this exquisitely presented drink. The only ingredient I could barely taste from the glass was the grape. I guessed the strong banana taste might be the reason behind it. However, it did not reduce my addiction toward this drink at all. Call me a fan now!

Namaste (IDR 45k)

This tall glass belonged to my friend but happily she let me taste it. Among the 3 mocktails I tried today, this was undoubtedly the best one! Mixing coconut water, orange juice, lychee, and passion fruit; this glass was not only refreshing but also tasted impressive! The sweetness level was right and every single element of it successfully pampered my taste bud.



Chocolate Soil (IDR 55k)



I believe you've been very familiar with this dessert so most of you surely have known that it would not be harmful for you. Yes, this disgustingly looked dish was Hyde's signature dessert, combining chocolate crouton, Bailey’s chocolate mousse, chocolate spaghetti, and chocolate dirt. Standing applause for the stunning presentation! The chocolate dirt did look like soil and the chocolate spaghetti, which was made of jelly, indeed looked like worms. If you're type of person who couldn't stand such mucky appearance, I suggested you not to try it as the presentation highly reflected the real one! 

How about the taste? Though I love chocolate, this dessert didn't suit me. It was quite too bitter, might be because the soil was made of dark chocolate powder. Luckily, the Bailey's chocolate mousse and the 'worms' under the soil somehow came as the balancer with their sweet taste.

Sesame Cannelloni, Mascarpone, and Berries (IDR 55k)


This was the second sweet cannelloni I have ever tried in my entire life. Yeah, it was still quite rare to find canneloni served as dessert in Jakarta. Actually, the combination of this sweet cannelloni was quite different from the one I tried in another restaurant. This canneloni was covered with white sesame, filled with mascarpone mousse, and served with berry compote, berry foam, brown butter streusel, and homemade vanilla ice cream. To be honest, I didn't fancy this dessert. The sesame tasted too strong for me, eliminating the taste of other elements. I guessed this dish could be far better if it used less sesame or even didn't use sesame at all :)
 
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Lava Cake (IDR 55k)




If you said that you're fed up with lava cake as it was too mainstream and you could find it everywhere, you'd better sit down, try Hyde's version of lava cake, and re-think about your statement just now. Serving peanut butter ganache core instead of common chocolate, this lava cake was undoubtedly distinctive. In fact, the chocolate sponge cake itself was totally different from any other chocolate lava cake I've ever tasted. I guessed you could clearly see it from the color of the cake, which was more to black instead of brown. I actually didn't know what was the ingredients that made it become different. The only thing I knew was this lava cake would surely be one of my most favorite now!
In summary, I quite enjoyed my dessert session at Hyde though I did criticize some of their menus. I had to admit that their Ba-ba-na-na and Namaste were indeed to fall for! Not to mention, the amazing lava cake, which was definitely different from the common lava cake I've found in any other restaurant. I would surely go back for this cake and other mocktails I haven't tried :)


Taste: 8/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


HYDE KEMANG
Address: Jl. Taman Kemang 1A No. 8
Phone: (021) 5610 3888 / 081 7170 399
Operating Hours: Mon – Thu 11am – 00am, Fri – Sun 11am – 2am


Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment