Saturday, October 18, 2014

Overwhelmed by Meatball at OMG “Original Meatball Galore”


I’m a big fan of meatball and I’m addicted to burger. So when I found out that there was a new place offering the combination of these two delicious dishes, my list of places-to-visit immediately got one additional line. Luckily, today I could give this line a check as I was here to try their foods!



 
The venue was a 2-storey building, located right across Superindo. The first floor was dedicated for coffee-making, while the second one was the place for dining. The concept was quite unique as the walls were all covered by writings and paintings. For the smoking area, the chairs were even made of crates. Unfortunately, it was quite hot, making me keep sweating. 



 UFO Burger (IDR 60k)


This brand new menu has not been available on the menu yet. The great thing was I had known it from the postings I saw on social media. Yeay! I didn’t miss it. As I had known what I want to order even before coming here, so I certainly didn’t take much time to decide what I wanted to order. 


If you said that you’re not drooling looking at the picture of this UFO Burger, without no doubt, I would say you just lied. Who on earth could stand looking at those super tempting meatballs and abundant melted mozzarella cheese? Another great news, this dish did not only have stunning presentation, but also impressive taste! Every single element of the dish was surely an excitement. The bun’s texture was lovely, the smoked beef under the meatballs was tasty, the veggies were fresh, and the slightly sweet sauce came as a perfect balancer for the savoury taste of other ingredients. Made of savoury and tender minced beef, the meatballs had successfully performed their role as the main actor of the dish. Moreover, the french fries totally suited my preference as they were thickly sliced. Not to mention, the super generous amount of melted cheese, which was definitely one of the most unforgettable part of the dish.

Hot Lucacao Chocolate (IDR 30k)


To be honest, I was quite disappointed with this hot beverage as the texture was not thick and I could barely taste the chocolate flavor. I also found it quite awkward as it was served tasteless and I had to add the sugar by myself.  

Very Berry Smoothies (IDR 30k)

 
Fortunately, this wonderfully served smoothies came as the right curer to my displeasure. Blending fresh strawberries, milk, and yoghurt; this smoothies of course tasted exceptional. As it was served cold, it became the best match to Jakarta’s super hot weather. If you were the ones who loved neither too milky nor too sweet beverage, this was a perfect choice for you!


Overall, my effort to go from South Jakarta to West Jakarta passing the heavy traffic was fully paid with the highly satisfying main dish. I also appreciated the warm and fast service from the waitress. Just one wish, I really hoped they could make the venue cooler so it would be a more comfortable place for chilling :)


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


OMG “Original Meatball Galore”
Address: Jl. Meruya Ilir Raya No. 16A
Phone: 081 7793 653 / 0813 8169 1242
Operating hours: Mon – Thu 10am – 10pm, Fri – Sat 10am – 00am, Sun 10am – 11pm





Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment