Monday, August 21, 2017

The Safehouse, The Place to Safe the Tummy from the Hunger Attack

Sounds like a movie? Yeah, that's exactly what I thought as well when initially hearing my sister mentioned the name of this restaurant. Oh probably I shouldn't have called it a resto since honestly it didn't exactly look like one. It did serve tons of dishes, mostly international cuisines to satisfy your palate, yet the ambiance was too casual for me to call it as a restaurant. Perhaps bistro and bar would work better?? OK never mind, let's move on to something more exciting!




Priorly occupying the 'front yard' of Bellagio Mega Kuningan (not the big one connected to mall, but the smaller building located closure to the embassies), it's now moved to a more visible space at Menara Anugerah. 




The design concept was totally rejuvenated, being more into contemporary one, with mainly black and white. It's basically two-storey, yet more into mezzanine concept so that those sitting at the second floor could still see the view of first floor. This was also a good idea since there was live-band at particular times, so everyone could enjoy the music at once. 




I was in love with the ambiance since I felt it more lively than the previous outlet. Moreover, the casual style was enjoyable for a place to meet up. Opening for whole day, I would prefer coming at first half of the day since the glass windows allowed me to enjoy the scenery of clear blue sky. 






Hot Cappuccino (IDR 35k)


My caffeine doze started first as I sipped from the cappuccino cup. I still could clearly recall how surprised I was when I ordered it for the first time at the ex-outlet of Safehouse. A gigantic warm cup was served on the table to give complete satisfaction on the caffeine craving. A pretty decent one serving medium roast beans with medium body and low acidity. 

Maguro Nicoise (IDR 85k)


When I was staying in Tokyo, this was one of my most favorite appetizers, which I usually called as Tuna Millefeuille. The dish never failed to amaze me not only because of its wonderful appearance, but also its delectable taste. That gorgeous combination of colors as well as luscious mixture of ingredients were like an impeccable two-in-one, two perfection served in one plate. 


Surprisingly, Safehouse version wasn't that far from the original one. Yeah I knew I couldn't compare the freshness level as it would be unfair benchmarking. Nonetheless, I would still call Safehouse's one was palatable serving that rare pan seared tuna, combined with kalamata olives, pine nuts, red onions, semi-dried tomatoes, spring beans, and soft boiled quail eggs; then finally drizzled everything with red wine vinaigrette. Making it less salty a bit, and it would surely be top-notch!

Parmigiana (IDR 80k)


If the appetizer was something Japanese, the main dish was Italian, opting for Parmigiana. The Safehouse version came with black olives, semi-dried tomatoes, shaved parmesan, and arugula. Those ingredients were then flawlessly blended with the protein component of the dish, Parma Ham, which was also the one I loved the most from the plate! Served slightly crispy and a bit salty, those ham slices faultlessly balanced the Parmesan creamy sauce so that the meal didn't turn out overly heavy. Getting the pasta as the main carbo cooked al dente, I felt like finding another version of pasta dish to be added into my favorite list. 


Marmaduke (IDR 40k)


When I was about to order another drink to end my meal set, my sight suddenly fell on the mocktail that featured an exotic fruit coming from my hometown, Passion Fruit! Oh geez, I kinda missed you too much little-orange-balls. I right away called out that I would go for this mocktail, finding that they blended this favorite fruit of mine with orange juice. As expected, the taste was as refreshing as how it looked, blending sweet and sour flavors in a single glass. Those chewable passion fruit seeds added extra happiness as you could enjoy that 'crunchy-munching' sensation <3. 


It was overall a pleasant lunch session at the Safehouse. This 'not-so-new' outlet got me satisfied even more than my previous experience in the initial one. The foods, the beverages, the ambiance, and the service were all spoiling, delivering a complete package of contentment for the guests.


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


THE SAFEHOUSE
Address: Menara Anugrah Lobby Level, Kantor Taman E 3.3, Jl. DR Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung, Mega Kuningan, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 5790 4545
Operating Hours: Mon - Wed 9am - 12am, Thu - Sat 9am - 3am, Sun closed


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment