Saturday, December 2, 2017

Hog Wild with Chef Bruno

Flying all the way from the heavenly island Bali to the beloved metropolitan Jakarta, Hog Wild doesn’t want to go with the moderate level, but choose to deliver a flying start. Why do I say so? Well yeah, you can definitely tell it once you stand in front of its gigantic outlet residing in Paramount Summarecon Serpong area, with wide unoccupied land as its surroundings. Easy to find once spotted as the building’s the only one standing there, catching the attention of any passersby right away; but well, how many people will pass the area? Well I cannot tell, the location’s honestly a big bet for me ;)



Just like it’s two predecessors in Batu Belig and Seminyak, this newly opened one in Serpong does bring out the concept of Warung dining ambiance, having semi open-air space and long communal tables. However, the commitment of delivering fine-dining quality dishes is definitely still there, as Chef Bruno, the actor behind all the success, dares to call it out loud. 

Browsing a little bit about the Hog Wild, I figure out that this French-owned resto has won the 2nd runner up for best steak and grill restaurant in Bali in 2017, hosted by NOW magazine. Woooww! My curiosity jumps even more to its peak and I simply can’t wait to lick the last drop of the barbecue sauce from the ribs!



Covered in red and serving pig statues and pictures at almost all corners, please don’t think it’s a Chinese restaurant. That’s indeed the concept they consistently feature in all the outlets to emphasize that they’re the expert in pork-based dishes. Yes, apologize that it only serves those who eat non-halal food. Moreover, you might also notice that the other emphasis brought is the martini since they believe it’s the best companion to your grilled courses. 



I’m impressed with how they try to be peculiar, giving very casual theme there, which silently can tell you that you can dress as easy as you want to dine in there since they simply want you to enjoy the foods! The hanging martini bottles, the pictures of pigs having feast, and the signature Marilyn Monroe dress and wig on the stage; are just some of the abundant unique details they always display in the outlet. 

Just like being in Bali, all the waiters and waitresses are very friendly and nimble, starting from the way they greet the ones just coming, directing them to the vacant seats, and starting to help the first-timers placing their orders. The detailed knowledge about the dishes served deserves thumbs up, and the effort to understand the concerns and inputs from the guests is worthy to be appreciated. 



Homemade Gourmet Sausage - Chorizo (IDR 82k)
Beginning with something lighter, the homemade chorizo becomes the lucky chosen one. It’s a well seasoned one, delivering flavorful opening to satisfy the tummy. The only input I will give to be able to make it even more favorable is the texture, for which I think I’ll prefer something softer. Well, perhaps I should’ve picked the Italian that uses ground meat instead of this Chorizo that serves chopped one. Nonetheless, it’s surely not bad at all and good lesson, I’ve known what should be my next order list. 


Another great news to call out, though this chorizo doesn’t look like a very fulfilling one, it nicely comes with its companion. The component that should’ve been the sidekick, but apparently turns out captures my interest more than the ‘main actor’ does. Despite being fried, it’s not greasy, and the crispiness is well complemented by the natural sweet flavor from the sweet potato. Shortly said, this finger food is simply addictive!


Wicked Ribs (IDR 159k)


At this premiere visit, for sure I won’t miss the specialty of the kitchen, their Wicked Ribs for the main course! What’s served on my dining plate is the sizable half-kilogram pork ribs, glazed and grilled with the house’s sweet and tangy barbecue sauce. Though I feel the sauce is slightly too sweet for my palate and I might want to opt for their more savory one - the ginger honey sauce, I cannot deny that the ribs texture are to die for, extremely juicy and tender! So easy to cut and chew it, giving the delightful sensation to enjoy at every bite. 

Not to forget, the pair to your ribs, the carbo portion for which you’ll have several  other options besides the sweet potato fries I’ve had earlier. The choices ranges from hand cut fries, mashed potato, or even steamed rice like what most Indonesian palates would love to have. My pick is just the mainstream one this time, which for sure you can easily guess, yeppp the first. As the name has told you, it’s made freshly from those round potatoes being cut into long stick shapes, exactly like my fave!


OK, some of you might think Martini will be the next one I’m going to share. However so sorry guys, I don’t mean to let you down, but this time I have to say no. It’s just too early to have it at this early lunch time, so I guess next visit will prolly be the chance, when I’ll make it a dinner. 


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7/10


Thanks for reading! :)


HOG WILD WITH CHEF BRUNO
Address: Ruko South Goldfinch Blok SGA No. 39, Jl. Boulevard Springs, Tangerang
Phone: (+62) 822 601 999 70
Operating Hours: Sun - Thu 10am - 10pm, Fri - Sat 10am - 00am


No comments:

Post a Comment