Sunday, December 24, 2017

Stillwater Coffee & Co

Occupying a quite huge space located right across Le Quartier, Stillwater Coffee just joined the crowd brought by tons of restaurants and cafes residing nearby. The good thing about having spacious area would be definitely the bigger parking space, which was indeed like valuable treasure to be found when dining around here especially on weekend. 







Though the venue looked like other coffee shops with indoor and outdoor corners, petite and communal tables, Stillwater did try to make itself distinctive by carrying more invention, focusing on croissant and sandwich. They provided several options on the menu, combining various ingredients in each variant, which in my view were mostly innovative combinations. They did offer other options, but mainly pastries and cakes; yeah you got it right if you just thought it would be like my kind of comfort zone. 
















Tuna Melt Sandwich (IDR 73k)



Opening the stage’s curtain with something savory, here’s my Tuna Melt Sandwich. Well, the appearance didn’t turn out as mesmerizing as my expectation but let’s not judge till giving a try. The stuffings mixed in between the wheat bread were simply like the common Tuna Melt you met elsewhere. Perhaps you could guess it if you often ordered this variant for pizza. Tuna, mayo, onion, green pepper, cucumber, and cheese; which were served in quite generous portion. 


Nevertheless, honestly speaking I still thought this sandwich was pretty pricey. The taste was okay-ish and I guessed what I enjoyed best from it was how it’s freshly made to order so you would enjoy it while warm. Another plus point would be the additional customization feature on the complementary sauces, for which they gave quite abundant options including miso, salted egg, honey mustard, barbecue, and many more! Grab as much as you want, mix it as creative as you can be :)


Peanut Cake Croissant (IDR 38k)
Before you imagine too far about how the peanut cake would turn out, I would right away tell you that it’s a simple marriage of peanut butter and dulce de leche. I had noticed it from the beginning as told by the description mentioned on the menu. Though I did sense it’s pricey, but my addiction toward peanut butter made me ended up lost to the temptation to order this sweet one. 


Commenting on the taste, I wouldn’t say much about the peanut-butter-dulce-de-leche couple as I was a big fan of both and that might lead to bias. They’re defining yummy, but I couldn’t really say that Stillwater’s version had something distinctive to call out. I preferred highlighting the croissant which was flawless in texture and taste, being impeccably flaky and superbly aromatic. That buttery flavor was such a killing formula that might lead to addiction.  

Hot Cappuccino (IDR 43k)


I wasn't sure if Stillwater Coffee in Jakarta had any relation to the one in Wisconsin, but one thing I noticed, the coffee reminded me of my favorite morning cups in Sydney. Even the latte art was so into Sydney style, having that finishing touch by cocoa power on top. The aroma and taste were at the same page as well. I was deeply in love with how the coffee flavor could be bold but not acidic, and the after-taste stayed clean as well. I did admit that it's relatively more expensive compared to the similar ones offered in other coffee shops, but I didn't mind to pay extra for having this morning self-indulgence. 


Following what I've shared based on my experience, you could absolutely call out what I would recommend in the end as the must-try from Stillwater. YESSS, certainly their caffeine cups! So if you called yourself a coffee lover, you now knew where you would go next ;)


Taste: 6.5/10 (Food), 8/10 (Coffee)
Place: 6.5/10
Service: 7/10
Price: 6/10


Thanks for reading! :)


STILLWATER COFFEE & CO
Address: Jl. Gunawarman 67, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 8222 700 1003
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 6.30am - 10pm


1 comment:

  1. Menu Mcdo Découvrez un menu savoureux qui allie les classiques américains bien-aimés aux délicieuses touches françaises. Régalez-vous avec un Croque McDo, un sandwich chaud garni de jambon, de fromage et d'une béchamel onctueuse, ou dégustez un McWrap aux accents mexicains, rempli de poulet mariné et de salsa fraîche.Découvrez un menu savoureux qui allie les classiques américains bien-aimés aux délicieuses touches françaises.

    ReplyDelete