Thursday, November 27, 2014

Petit Julien, An Ultimate Chocolate Bliss

Let’s say hello to this newly established chocolate bliss in town! Originated from Belgium, this freshly most-wanted place for any chocolate enthusiast is just two months old. The petite outlet is located at lower ground of Grand Indonesia, to be exact in the Food Zone. Though the venue is quite small, the design has successfully made me impressed as it made me felt as if I were in a European patisserie.




The waiter and waitress were so enthusiastic in greeting me and offered me their best-selling sweet tooth. They even looked very exciting when they explained the detailed ingredients of each of their cakes. And yes, they definitely made me want to order everything shown on the display. There are various choices provided, starting from chocolate-based cakes, waffles, cookies, even savoury dish like quiche.








Banana Praline Cremeux on Belgian Chocolate Tart (IDR 40k)



This cake was my sister’s, but as always I did try it. It was a very lovely combination of banana and chocolate. Oh, come on, what could ever go wrong when banana met chocolate? They would surely deliver you heaven on earth! The banana praline cremeux on the top part let you feel the strong banana taste on your taste bud. It was not too creamy and the taste was so refreshing. The chocolate tart at the bottom part came as the perfect base with strong chocolate taste. At first, I thought it would be quite hard to slice the crust as the texture was compact. Surprisingly, it was very easy to do so and both my sister and I really enjoyed this cake.

Belgian Chocolate Mousse Bomb (IDR 30k)
  




If you were the ones preferring cake in solid texture, you might love the previous one. However, if you fancy mousse cake more same as me, then the name of this cake would truly reflect the taste for you. It was indeed the bomb! Made of Belgian Chocolate, this rich chocolate mousse would doubtlessly satisfy any chocolate enthusiast. The sweetness and creaminess level were just right, and the chocolate glazing covering the cake made the presentation looked flawless.




Based on my experience in this very first visit, I recommend any chocolate fanatic out there to try Petit Julien. Both the cakes I tried were heart-stealing and there were many more displayed, which made me drool. I would definitely come back to try each, including their waffles!

Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 9/10
Price: 8.5/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


Petit Julien
Address: Food Zone – Grand Indonesia West Mall LG / Jl. Puri Mutiara Kav. 38 Cipete
Phone: (021) 2944 6462


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment