Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ellexito Eatery and Pastry

I have been hearing a lot about Ellexito recently. My Instagram timeline is also full of postings related to this new restaurant in Kemang. So, this weekend I decided to follow the crowd and try this new hip place.

The place was quite easy to be found. It was a 2-storey building, which were all occupied by the restaurant. The design brought out minimalist concept, simple yet looked elegant. For me, the venue was quite comfortable for both chilling and working as it was not too noisy.




Unfortunately, I was highly disappointed with the service. I could clearly see that the waiter and waitress were not well-trained. For every question I raised, the waitress had to ask the waiter, who was as confused as her, in prior to answer me.

Salted Egg Spaghetti (IDR 65k)


 

So here it was, the most maintream menu from this place. As I saw everyone’s ordering and recommending this Salted Egg Spaghetti, I guessed there was nothing wrong with trying it. The presentation of the dish was quite nice with the golden brown fried shrimps put on top of the pasta. The pasta was cooked al dente and the shrimps were  crispy and chewy. Sadly, I could barely taste the most important part of the dish, which was the salted egg sauce. For me, it tasted more like ordinary egg as it was not salty at all. This made the dish became tasteless and I found nothing’s special in it.

Salty Caramel Feeling (IDR 35k)


This blended drink was one of Ellexito’s best seller. Bringing out the combination of salted caramel and vanilla syrup, this beverage tasted great! It was surely an effective healer toward my disappointment on the main dish. Just one thing, I guessed the size was too small for that quite high price.

Ellexito’s Espresso Brulee (IDR 38k)


Another favorite beverage here was this Espresso Brulee. This was certainly a perfect choice for any coffee lover. You could strongly taste the coffee flavor and the sweetness level was just right. However, the same problem with the previous beverage, the size was too small. You could see that it was almost half of the glass only.


From this dining experience, I thought Ellexito still needed much improvement, both for the dishes and the service. For the beverages, it’s okay to charge high price as long as what was served worth the price paid.

Taste: 6.5/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 6.5/10
Price: 7/10

ELLEXITO EATERY AND PASTRY
Address: Jl. Kemang 1 No. 12A
Phone: (021) 7179 3081
Operating hours: Mon – Thu 12pm – 10pm, Fri – Sun 12pm – 12am



Find me on: 
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment