Saturday, September 2, 2017

Buih Kopi, Bandung's Version of Iced Milk Coffee

WOW. JUST WOW!! The hype of iced milk coffee a.k.a 'es kopi susu' indeed didn't fail to break my jaw, like how it just did once again today. Not only in Jakarta, now the vibes had spread to the city of flowers as well, the most-wanted culinary destination of Jakarta citizens, Bandung. So even for this impromptu weekend escape, I could still have my weekend iced milk coffee routine. 

Accidentally bumped into this coffee shop's snap on Instagram, my friends and I found it worthy to try as we're just curious how Bandung's version of iced coffee would taste. Since we indeed had no specific agenda to follow on this trip, we decided to pay a visit there. 


  
The place was located at a residential area near the busy Jl Jenderal Gatot Subroto. It's basically the front yard of a house being transformed into a simple coffee bar, which was further complemented by several tables for having the coffee on the spot. However, regardless it's an open space, the weather was so friendly as you knew how nice Bandung was being cool and windy. 



Buih mostly offered coffee-based beverages, serving Buih Iced Coffee as their signature one. Some sweets like homemade brownies and scones were provided as well so your coffee wasn't left alone. 


You didn't have to get distracted with the name Buih, as it didn't mean that the coffee would mainly contain foam. In fact, the name didn't have anything particular to  represent how the coffee actually was. Knowing that the iced coffee featured palm sugar, I was so excited as it was exactly my first preference for this type of coffee. Getting a sip from the plastic cup, for me it's a nice one with medium level of body. If I might state my wish, I thought it would be even better when the palm sugar could be slightly bolder and the coffee could go a bit thicker. Yet overall, it's an enticing cup-to-go, which was also highly affordable as the price was slightly cheaper compared to the other similar ones. Best of luck for this new starter! ;)


Taste: 7/10
Place: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 7.5/10



Thanks for reading! :)


BUIH KOPI
Address: Jl. Guntur No. 2, Bandung
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 7am - 6pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment