Saturday, September 30, 2017

The Red Door

Something magical behind the red door? No guys, this was real world and not Doraemon movie with its ‘go-anywhere-door’. Anyway, when it said red door, it’s literally red-colored, looking distinctive as the surrounding was black and white. The venue did impress me, occupying a 5-level shophouse and located at quite ‘exclusive’ area, being in a particular distance from the hectic traffic. 





Entering the ‘peculiar’ red door, I was exposed to another amusement, looking at the unique interior presented there in the venue. The storied seats to the right side, a staircase to the coffee bar located at the center of the cafe, and another staircase to the second level which for me was more into mezzanine being not too different in terms of the height from the first one. WOW! Yeah, simply wow; such a creative one able to think that way. 





Reaching this second floor, I then finally realized there were actually other tables on the other wing of the venue, making the coffee bar actually being surrounded by seats. This allowed the barista who stood at the center, to have full visibility on all the areas around him. In contrary, sitting at any corners, the guests could also enjoy the live performance from the coffee bar where the beverages were freshly made to order.









Hot Piccolo (IDR 35k)


Starting with the caffeine portion of the day for which I went for something petite yet not light, piccolo. It was a pretty decent cup though I wouldn’t call it my top-notch as well. A nice one to try to get yourself fully awaken by the medium-roast beans!

Salted Egg Chicken Don (IDR 55k)
Offering the documents-shaped menu, the waitress also tried to mention some of their most-favorites for my reference in placing my order. Just having myself transformed from a salted-egg hater to be a salted-egg big fan, I became a lame spotting this menu was available there. Moreover, it’s even one of their most recommended so I guessed now I had no more reason for not saying yes, didn’t I? 


Not even landed on the table, this shiny golden yellow bowl had hypnotized me with its seductive fragrance of the salted egg. The scent was so strong that I couldn’t help myself drooling and craving to try it ASAP. The dish seemed to understand the consumers too well, answering the recently hyped demand of salted egg fried chips, by serving fried salted-egg spinach crisps. Another brilliant idea from the house which wasn’t only inventive, but also creative. As I’d expected, enjoying these crispy ‘heavenly treasure’ together with the juicy and tender chicken were such ultimate indulgence. Another great news especially for the spicy-tolerant taste-buds, they even gave you the option for having the dish served spicy, which I guessed by adding chili cuts. Blending them with the flavorful salted egg sauce and molten egg yolk, you would be one happy kid who just made a great great deal, deciding to try this remarkable dish!



One more reminder, if the thought that the dish was relatively quite expensive did come across your mind, I guessed once you saw the real fulfilling portion, you would surely be considerate. 

Strawberry Cheesecake (IDR 40k)
Not knowing the main dish would come in that generous portion, my sister and I did opt for dessert to give that sweet ending to our lunch. We were once again astonished by the magnanimous size of this cake. It might be a rare yet true case that the real slice was way bigger than the display. I got the mixed feelings, being happy as I did love dessert quite too much, but honestly I was also worried about the uncountable calories! Well, I wouldn’t lie that my excitement was doubtlessly bigger than the concern; there’s still tomorrow to burn all those fats :p. Let’s shoo away the fear and enjoy the feast!


Taking my first spoon, I was blown away by the smooth and creamy texture of the cheesecake! Yesss, it was precisely suiting my preference who wasn’t that much into the cotton or sponge type cheesecake. Despite being creamy, it was pretty light and moist as well as not overly sweet since it’s balanced by the strawberry jam; literally melted in the mouth and so enjoyable till the very last bite. 


I might be not coming that often to this place in near time as it’s indeed far far away from my ‘radar’, yet I could see myself stop-by to enjoy the ambiance if I strolled around this area some time later.


Taste: 8/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for reading! :)


THE RED DOOR
Address: Puri Marina Raya Tahap 2 No. 4, Ancol Barat, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 2607 3291
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 10pm, Sat - Sun 8am - 10pm


Find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment