Monday, April 10, 2017

Ambrogio Patisserie, The New Spot for Sweetness Overload at Bandung

When I looked at our culinary-getaway itinerary, Ambrogio Patisserie was one of the spotlight owners for me as its 'last name' represented the type of dishes I could never resist in life. Reaching the venue, my excitement even reached its peak as the interior was so enchanting, conmbining open-air indoor space at the entrance spot, and outdoor space at the backyard. With the hanging green plants all over the walls, as well as small pool at one corner, it gave the natural ambience and additional point of cool temperature to pamper the guests. Well yeah, the beauty of Bandung was indeed that it didn't have that hot and humid weather like our lovely capital city <3. 









Currently the available space was only the first floor. Nonetheless I guessed they would soon open the second level so more people could be accommodated. My huge crush was the seating next to the standing lamps, so Instagenic that my mind couldn't stop thinking of which poses to have for the next snaps. 







Browsing for more information about this newly opened coffee shop, I figured out that it belonged to the same group as the currently hyped One Eighty, and the all-time favorite Prima Rasa. No wonder the decoration was this beautiful as I've seen the same thing with One Eighty, especially with the innovative idea of seats in the middle of a pool.






Stepping into the cafe, you would first be welcome by the ravishing showcases, displaying arrays of macarons, cakes, and pastries. So many selections were provided and all of them looked so tantalizing. My biggest temptation was the croissants which were all well presented that you got the feeling that they had to be too good to be true. Double Cheese, Banana Nutella, and even Banoffee; like seriously you guys could turn me insane by forcing me to make my decision at this order point. Not to forget, they did provide gelato with quite many choices of flavors!




Despite that savory dishes were served as well, my friends and I came here for afternoon desserts only as we've had several rounds of meals in prior. To avoid taking too long time being in the dilemma of choosing the desserts to have, we let the waitress to recommend their must-have. 

Banoffee Croissant (IDR 19k)
  

One fun fact, actually I've met this croissant earlier in the morning when we went to the first coffee shop from our long list. It actually has 'winked' to me and honestly I was almost ordering it yet ended up going for another cake. However, seemed like it didn't give up, appearing again here at Ambrogio. I didn't order it initially and chose Banana Nutella instead. Nevertheless, the waitress wrongly got what I mentioned and finally, perhaps called it a destiny, this Banoffee Croissant successfully landed on my table. 

Surprise surprise, being through some 'hindrances' before finally trying it, this Banoffee went beyond my expectation, having flaky and aromatic pastry base with moist and luscious banana and coffee cream filling. The fresh banana slices blended with the cream were like extra happiness of the dish. I wish I could have it on my breakfast menu every single day next to my coffee (what a wishful thinking). 

Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart


The most glowing one in my sight was surely this tart, gorgeously presented with those swirls on top. Reading its name which has completely described its components, I was even more certain that I would go for it. Chocolate and Salted Caramel were always able to get me indulged and having them in pair had always been an awesome idea. I was proven right when I had my first bite of the tart. Crunchy base, smooth toppings, and not overly sweet; complete delicacy in a single tart that made me had nothing more to ask for. 

Coffee Tart


If the first tart got me at the showcase, this one had captured me even far before, through the picture I saw on Ambrogio's IG. I believe you wouldn't deny that it was prettily arranged with those stacks of coffee cream neatly stood on the tart. I wasn't really sure of the difference between the first and the second layer, yet I was 100% agreed that it was lip-smacking! The coffee flavor could strongly be felt right at the time it melted in your mouth. I would even call it a masterpiece of Ambrogio and I wouldn't think twice to have it again on my order in the following visit. 

Cappuccino (IDR 24k)


Waking up very early in the morning to avoid being stuck in the traffic jam on the way from Jakarta to Bandung, I was badly in need for high doze of caffeine. This Piccolo was a quite satisfying one, being medium-bodied and not acidic, well-suited my coffee preference. 


No need to wait till days or weeks, even now when writing this blog post, I was already craving for Ambrogio's sweets! Seriously, if I had it next to my door, you could probably find me there every single day, sipping my caffeine and spending my sugar-high moments.


Taste: 8.5/10
Place: 8.5/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


AMBROGIO PATISSERIE
Address: Jl. Banda No. 24, Bandung
Phone: (+62 22) 2051 2779
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 11am - 10pm, Sat - Sun 11am - 11pm



Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment