Monday, April 24, 2017

Trelatte, The Real Spot of Cups in Frame

Literally cups in frame!! Yeah, that's the very first thing coming into my mind when I saw that peculiar idea of having hanging glasses as the decoration. Not only at one spot, they gave two, which I guessed intentionally put there so both the guests entering from the front and the back doors could immediately notice them. 







Having brick walls painted in white and decorated with mainly black-and-yellow-colored drawings, the venue somehow reminded me of bees. The diverse pictures at every spot made you able to take various OOTD snaps as well. Not only that, the building design was further complemented by the various styles of furniture located all over the corners, with the colors and pattern trying to match the one brought out by the main theme of the building. 



It was surely a nice cafe to stop-by, especially as it fulfilled the needs of solo visitor, small-group guests as well as the large ones. Having two entrance doors as I called out in prior, the back one was basically an open-space to serve the smokers. They also had a dedicated space which was designated to be more of a private space which in my view would suit best those who wanted to hold event for small groups like private birthday party, bridal shower, or baby shower. Moreover, there's also the second level which could be rent for bigger events. 







Standing by the central coffee bar to place my order, I was kindly welcome by the owner herself. She's nicely describing in complete to me each of the pastries and desserts they provided as I mentioned that I was going for sweets to accompany my coffee. Having quite many choices, some of which were displayed there while some were only listed on the menu as they needed to be kept in the chiller, I let her gave me the recommended ones and opted for them. 






Nutella Cheesecake Brownie (IDR 35k)


Honestly speaking, this cake stole my attention the first when I looked at the selections. Yes as always, I was a lame when that Nutella name was mentioned there and I guessed some of you might have known that cheesecake was a part of 'my dessert soul' as well. So I apparently had no other reason to resist this cake. However, surprisingly it didn't turn out to be my favorite. 


That cheese layer was actually nice being moist and not overly sweet, yet unfortunately the brownie wasn't my favorite as I expected bold Nutella flavor in it but couldn't find it. Explained by the owner, I finally figured out the reason. In fact the Nutella's not mixed into the cake batter, but just became the swirls on top of the cheesecake. As the owner said, it's coming from the request of some guests since they thought having Nutella as main ingredient would turn the cake to be too sweet. Well yeah, couldn't blame it then as everyone did have preference. 

Avocado Cake (IDR 35k)



Said to be the most recommended and indeed holding the title of most guests' most favorite, this cake finally became my next order. This time, my taste bud seemed to agree with the majority as I did love it!  Coming in ice cream-alike texture, this cake has to be kept chilled to enjoy it at its best. These layers of avocado and chocolate mousse covered in chocolate glaze were unquestionably succulent with the avocado took the role as the balancer to the sweet taste from the chocolate. 

Hot Piccolo (IDR 30k)


This petite cup of caffeine was quite nice though it was actually more into Cappuccino than Piccolo for my coffee palate. I hadn't had a sip of the Cappuccino so I couldn't comment on it, yet in my opinion, generally Piccolo would be stronger than Cappuccino so you might want to try it first if you fancied bold coffee taste for your cup. 



For those who spend most of your days around West Jakarta, you might stop by and give Trelatte a try. Who knows it will add your list of options for coffee time?


Taste: 7/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


TRELATTE COFFEE
Address: Rukan Kencana Niaga, Jl. Taman Aries Blok D1 No. 3c, 3d, 3u, Meruya Utara, Kembangan, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 5857 376
Operating Hours: Mon - Fri 7am - 7pm, Sat 8am - 8pm, Sun closed


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment