Sunday, March 5, 2017

Bottlenose Coffee, The Indulging 'Caffeine Container'

Residing in one of unique container-shaped food court in Grogol area, Phx, here it came another new comer in the gigantic coffee shops family in Jakarta, Bottlenose Coffee! I had no idea behind the relationship between a bottle and a nose, but as Shakespeare said in his well-known Romeo and Juliet, "What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". So let's move away from further discussion about the meaning of this less-than-two-week-old coffee shop's name.






As you might have imagined, please don't expect a container-shaped coffee shop would be a spacious one with tons of available seats. It's a quite minimalist one located at the second floor of the 'container'. Nothing in particular to highlight about the design, besides one of its artsy wall, having the picture of whales swimming around with a lady, which perhaps could be a spot for your 'photo-addict' snaps. The place was cozy enough, yet I didn't think it's really suitable for long chats over coffee especially considering its mini size, which I expected would have higher turnover compared to the common coffee shops with bigger size. 



I've just had a quite big lunch feast with my sister before coming here and thus, we're quite full at that moment. Initially, we planned to have our weekend afternoon-coffee routines only, yet reality could always turn out different than plans, couldn't it? *wink*. Yes, that's exactly the case when we stood in front of the showcases, having to decide on what to be ordered. Scrolling on the Instagram page of Bottlenose made it become more complicated as we saw much more tempting desserts. So the initial plan of having two cups of caffeine ended up 'bringing their companions' with them, two other desserts.




Blueberry Cheese Sundae (IDR 33k)


'SUNDAE', the way Bottlenose called their dessert menu combining ice cream, other toppings, and pastry. The pastry itself gave you three choices of croissant, waffle, or bread; of which I opted for the first one. Looking at the dessert served on the table, seemed like we're hypnotized and suddenly forgot that we're quite full when we firstly reached the venue. I guessed I didn't need to tell you much to describe about it as the picture you saw could already speak a thousand words about how good it looked like. Please don't say you're not drooling as I already was, when I was writing this blog post. 


It might be only a trio of vanilla ice cream, cheese cream, and blueberry jam, served on top of the croissant yet the taste was indeed an addiction which surely made you want to come back and have some more. As I might have repeatedly said in some of my posts, it's always a brilliant idea to combine salty and sweet taste since the different flavors that balanced one another somehow would make you couldn't stop. Not to mention the flaky croissant that came as the base. Having the smooth toppings complemented its crispy texture, it's simply like a spoiler for your palate!

Blueberry Crumble Tart (IDR 18k)
 


"Another blueberry?", that's the first thing popped out from my mouth when my sister said that we should go for Blueberry for the crumble tart, which was actually also available in strawberry and apple flavors. However, I couldn't deny that the blueberry one was indeed the most attractive so cut the story short, we had another blueberry dessert. Not only having smaller size, this tart was also lighter so it might suit you best if you were not that much into sweets, besides the option to go for the savory dishes of course. The tart base was so thin that it was perfectly crunchy, yet I had to be very careful when lifted it up with my hand as it seemed to be easily crushed. It's nice how the crumble was not being overly sweet so it didn't overpower the sweet taste coming from the blueberry jam underneath. A pretty good choice to try :) 

Hot Skimmed Cappuccino (IDR 30k)


Finally the turn of the main actor, the one that indeed made us come here, COFFEE! Yeah, regardless how late I woke up at Saturday morning, I would always feel sleepy the whole day, perhaps the scream from the body who always had continuous sleepless weekdays during the week. So a cup of caffeine's definitely not an option, but obligation. 

Another happiness for me, today I could find one more coffee shop in Jakarta serving skimmed milk *yeaaayyy!*. Additional great news, the coffee was also nice being medium-bodied and less acid. I was one happy kiddo!

Hot Skimmed Gibraltar (IDR 28k)


I was looking for Hot Piccolo on the menu yet couldn't find it listed there so I asked to the barista if they did provide it. They then requested me to go for this Gibraltar as they mentioned that it's just similar to Piccolo. Having no idea about it, I just followed the direction. I couldn't really taste the difference between the Cappuccino and the Gibraltar, yet I was totally fine with it since the Cappuccino was already strong enough for my taste bud. 

Overall, I really enjoyed this Saturday's coffee-and-dessert time and thanks to Bottlenose for becoming 'the guy' behind it. Will surely come back soon!


Taste: 8/10
Place: 7.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Price: 8/10


Thanks for Reading! :)


BOTTLENOSE COFFEE
Address: Jl. Dr. Susilo No. 342, Grogol, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 812 2000 7499
Operating Hours: Mon - Thu 12pm - 11pm, Fri - Sun 10am - 00am


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter

Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment