Thursday, March 23, 2017

Le Petit Prince Canggu Bali

Checking through Le Petit Prince Instagram account, I found out that it's not really a 'new new' cafe in Canggu area. Nonetheless, I had no idea why I thought I hadn't seen it being posted by anyone occupying my busy timeline. Having eye-catchy design, honestly speaking it raised my curiosity on the reason behind. 



In my initial place-to-go list I made before the trip started, I didn't have this cafe on it. My silly mistakes, I had two coffee shops located in Ubud mentioned on my Canggu list, and I just figured it out when I was about to find the way there through Google Map. Having 2 cafes been out of the list, I then tried to promptly seek for the substitutes. 





Using hashtag of Canggu Cafe, I finally bumped into Le Petit Prince. The picture to which I was firstly sold was its 'phenomenal' white-and-blue-themed wall gorgeously crafted by Ines Katamso, French Indonesian visual artist to whom I was firstly introduced from the wall-painting at Sea Grain by Double Tree Hotel Jakarta. Or perhaps, you would be more familiar with this muralist if I called out Artotel, Revolver, Neo Soho, and the newest comer from Union Group - Superloco. OK, I saw some head-nods now, showing you recalled the stunning wall-paintings I just called out. Besides, I knew you're now targeting to visit this coffee shop to get that Instagenic snaps right in front of the wall *wink wink*. 




Located just by the main road of Batu Bolong, the venue could be easily found as it's highly visible. Inspired by one of the best French novel in the 20th century, The Little Prince written by a famous French aristocrat Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, the spot's design including the wall paintings basically told you about the story of a young prince fallen to earth. The cafe was beautifully decorated to give the ambiance of an old castle with big windows with colorful tiles and ornaments. 

  







The selections of dishes were mostly Western, including egg-based breakfast menu and smoothie bowl like typical Canggu cafe serving healthy foods. I went for their Yogurt Granola Fruit Salad (IDR 45k) as I thought I could find many scrumptious versions of other dishes in Jakarta easily, but more limited choices of this type of dish. It was yummy for the tummy and healthy for the belly kind of breakie, serving fresh tropical fruits including banana, mango, watermelon, pineapple, papaya, and granola with yogurt and honey dressings.  I loved how the fruits being naturally sweet, balancing the slightly sour plain yogurt. My only problem's just the mango which was quite too sour for my palate. Other than that, well-executed healthy bowl!

Yogurt Granola Fruit Salad (IDR 45k)
Yogurt Granola Fruit Salad (IDR 45k)
As for my breakfast pair, I opted for Hot Cappuccino (IDR 30k). OK, some of you might consider it as cheating because of the caffeine, but again I did believe in happy tummy happy body *peace*. Having quite much acidic coffee on my first day of the trip, I was delighted to finally find the cup with strong kick of coffee taste with low level of acidity. It was an indulging one that perfectly closed my simple set of breakfast. Yes, saving the space for much more following courses :)

Hot Cappuccino (IDR 30k)
For you who're now curious about the cafe or simply craving for that Instagenic space in front of the blue-and-white-themed wall painted by Ines Katamso, I did encourage you to give it a try. Decent foods, nice place.


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 8/10

Thanks for Reading! :)


LE PETIT PRINCE CANGGU
Address: Jl Pantai Batu Bolong 65, Canggu, Bali
Phone: (+62 361) 8960 765 / +62 585 672 8087
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 7.30am - 10pm


Find me on:
Instagram . Facebook . Twitter
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment