Sunday, March 19, 2017

Short Weekend Escape at Padma Resort Legian, Bali

It's been 3 months since the last time I've been to Bali with my friends but it feels like already forever. Nope, it's not really like I miss Bali too much, but I simply crave for a short sweet escape. The long hectic days just make my body and my brain can think of nothing but they deserve to rest. So here I am today, stepping off the plane, at Ngurah Rai International Airport. Hello again Bali, please gimme an awesomely relaxing weekend! :)


Despite Bali's traffic is much better than our beloved capital city, Jakarta, it's always nice to stay at the heart of the city, making any other places get more accessible. What else than the infamous Legian of Bali, well who's been to Bali and doesn't know Legian; one of the most crowded spot of Bali yet still the all-time wanted by most of the tourists. For my Bali visit this time, my home for the weekend getaway was Padma Legian! Yuhuuu <3










Having stayed at Padma's newest hotel, Resinda at Karawang, I have been totally spoiled by the hospitality and the facilities offered, making me not getting bored at all regardless I stayed in the hotel only for the whole 2 days. This pampering experience made me get more curious to try the group's other hotels, not to exclude the one in Legian. 

 







Similar to most 5-star hotels in Bali, the design was 'so Bali'. If you got what I meant, yes it featured that traditional Balinese ornaments for the decoration, the statues representing the well-known respected characters, and definitely the gigantic gardens in between the rooms. Huge swimming pools and beach for water sports or sunbathing would surely be there as well. Not only main swimming pool, Padma Legian even now provided infinity pool to let its guests having extra spot for chilling and enjoying the panoramic sunset or sunrise. For the ones preferred more privacy, Lagoon Pool was doubtlessly an answer, allowing easier access from the room as well. 




Those coming with children would be well-served here since they provided playing area and dedicated pool which's connected to the main one. Great option for family vacation, wasn't it?


 


As for the dining options, they had several restaurants/cafe serving different types of dishes. Some of the 6 choices were open at only particular timing.
- The Deli: Bakery and patisserie serving cakes, ice cream, and light bites for high tea or coffee break)


- Donbiu: Open for breakfast and dinner buffet serving Indonesian and Continental cuisines



- Barong Pool Bar: Indonesian and Western cuisines to be enjoyed from morning till afternoon by the lagoon pool

- Seruni Sunken Pool Bar: Fresh juices, cocktails, and beer to accompany the swimming time

 

- Tenkai Japanese Restaurant: Japanese dinner served by Executive Chef Masahiko Morikawa


- SKAI Beach Club: Breakfast for club and suite guests, also open for lunch and dinner by the beach




Donbiu was the one for which I got the chance to try at breakfast time. One of the toughest breakie for me *giggling* as I had to choose which one to go first and which one to go later, perhaps also which one to be delayed to the following day as my tummy started to get bloated. Simply said, the selections were very rich, providing many stations ranging from Indonesian, Asian, till Western cuisines. Various types of dishes were there, from light ones like pastries and cereals, till the heavy ones like rice with poultry and veggies as well as noodles. The needs of the health-concerned groups were also satisfied in this breakie since they could have several options for their preferred types of foods, even drinks. Fresh fruit cuts, salads, and numerous variants of fruit juices. I was like telling myself every post-breakie, 'geez Gaby, didn't we have long list to go for today? Where else in this belly you would put them?'. Oops sorry, I guess let's think about it later as long as I enjoy it for now *wink*. 




After spending the whole day strolling around Bali for culinary trip and simply relaxing, it's then time to enjoy the room and having long indulging sleep. My bedroom for the nights were Padma's New Deluxe Chalet room, a 45sqm space with a private balcony facing the garden. It was one of the many kinds of rooms available here, ranging from Deluxe, Premier, Garden Club, Family Room, and Suites. Some of them did provide special access to the lagoon pool, letting you jump into the water at anytime as it's just right next to you. 






Having a bath-tub besides the shower room, bubble-bathing after the all-day trip couldn't be a better idea. Having been refreshed, I could enjoy watching TV on the sofa next to my bed. Such a pampering time to spend, carrying myself to the seconds before I fell asleep. 






As usual, the clock's always ticking uber fast when you enjoyed the day. Same case happened to my weekend escape and seemed like it's just a blink then end-of-Sunday already rang the doorbell, followed by Monday who kept knocking my front door. Well, I indeed didn't want the weekend to finish, yet I had no choice but to face it with a smile. Thanks to Padma Legian who has crafted me a remarkable weekend getaway! <3




PADMA RESORT LEGIAN
Address: Jl. Padma No. 1, Legian, Bali
Phone: (+62 361) 752 111


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment