Sunday, March 26, 2017

Kalaku Coffee and Company

Coming to the venue at early Saturday morning, seemed like everyone else's still having their beautiful sleep at home. Yep, no one's there yet besides the barista who was even there by himself. He mentioned that the chef's going to the hospital so please expect no food freshly made from the kitchen. 




From the outside, the venue looked quite spacious, making me expecting it had an open-space backyard which was actually not there LOL, too much imagination. As the spot was sizable, it's actually a quite cozy place for casual meeting over coffee. At one corner, I could see some musical instruments, leading me to guesstimate that they might have live music served there at particular timing, so should be a very enjoyable place to spend your spare time as well. 





Mainly themed with wood and decorated with green plants, the coffee shop carried the natural ambiance, which might be kind of rarely found nowadays in any other coffee shops that were mostly monochromatic. My favorite spot was the wall full of coffee-bean bags with various brands, such a unique idea! 





For smokers, sorry but seemed like there's limited space for you guys, the tables located in front of the house-alike coffee shop. 


Satisfying ourselves with the available meals, we only had the choice to pick up the selections of pastries from the showcase to accompany our weekend's premiere shots. Brownies, Hokkaido cheese tart, and banana bread; yeah not that much so my friend and I ended up picking the first two. I spotted the gelato in the chiller, but decided not to go for them as I'd had too much ice cream lately. 



Starting with the Hokkaido cheese tart (IDR 18k), I had to honestly say that it's not a gorgeously presented one :(. However, the combination of texture was pretty decent, pairing moist cheese cream and crispy pastry base. The cheese taste wasn't that bold like common cheese tart, yet the fragrant vanilla aroma was appetizing. 

Hokkaido cheese tart (IDR 18k)
When ebony's nothing without ivory, cheese was also incomplete without chocolate, hence the Choco Brownie (IDR 25k) came after the cheese tart. It's simply just right, neither too spongy nor too fudgy, nice one to be paired with your coffee being not overly sweet. 

Choco Brownie (IDR 25k)
As for the caffeine part, I tried both their Cappuccino (IDR 30k) and Piccolo (IDR 28k), made with different beans. The first one was with strong-bodied beans, while the latter was with medium. My friend, who actually ordered the Cappuccino, even requested it to be with double ristretto, delivering quite acidic cup for my palate. I myself preferred the Piccolo as the coffee taste was also bold, yet the acidity was low, faultlessly suited my coffee liking. 

Cappuccino (IDR 30k)
Piccolo (IDR 28k)
For those whose 'radars' are around West Jakarta area, Kalaku could now be listed as your options for coffee shop to go. I perhaps would go for their savory dishes on my next visit :)


Taste: 7.5/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Price: 8/10

Thanks for reading! :)


KALAKU COFFEE
Address: Jl. Pesanggrahan Raya No. 26, Puri Indah, Jakarta
Phone: (+62 21) 5835 7297 / (+62 21) 5835 7298
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 10pm




Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment