Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Awesome Ideas at Ideas.Awesome?

When you thought I made a typo on the title by mentioning the place's name as Ideas Awesome instead of Awesome Ideas, you got it wrong guys as the name was indeed like that, well at least the Instagram account said so, though sometimes they did call themselves as Awesome Coffee. I did wonder why, but I obviously didn't want to go more on it. So let's move on ;) !




Taking place at a shop house at Graha Boulevard Kelapa Gading, I was almost lost when I came to the place for the very first time. Luckily, my guesstimate did work as I decided to turn left when I spotted Summerville Apartment. Then when my eyes fell on the Instagenic entrance, I knew that day was my day since my instinct happened to be right!



It wasn't as gigantic as I expected in prior, with several tables for pairs and a group of four at the first level, and small space at the mezzanine. I had a love-hate relationship with the design, especially the huge glass windows at the front side which allowed natural light to flow in; as at one side I could get great snaps, while on the other side it made the venue became pretty hot and sitting on some particular corners would give you sun-kiss. 




Just like the name, this coffee shop did have awesome idea behind the decoration concept, delivering minimalist monochromatic theme. Everything's mainly grey and white with cement walls, cement tiles, and white-colored furniture. Rays of sunlight freely flying into the venue drew beautiful shadow effect, turning the coffee shop to be a super-Instagenic space! Much love <3






Hot White 150ml / Cappuccino (IDR 32k)


To see if the coffee was as awesome as the name and the design, I opted for their Hot Cap. The medium bodied coffee was fragrant and the taste was pretty decent, well suiting my coffee liking being not acidic yet containing bold flavor. 

Lego Lemonade (IDR 45k)



Being exposed to the heat from the direct sunlight, my throat was badly demanding for something cold and refreshing, exactly like what's offered by this Lego Lemonade. This was honestly another awesome idea I found in this place. Well, who would have thought to make ice cubes in lego shape and infuse them with fruit jam in various colors to make them indeed end up looked like real lego blocks? Nothing much to say but 'awesome'! Letting them flow on a glass blending sparkling lemon and citron, it's such perfect thirst-quencher, like finding a spring in the middle of the dessert (might sound hyperbolic yet Jakarta's simply too hot to be true!). 


Souffle Pancake (IDR 48k)


Feeling kinda bloated after having quite heavy brunch, my sister and I did intend to have something light only for desserts. When I spotted this fluffy pancake was there on the menu, it just took me a blink then voila, it's there listed on my order. 1 stack should be enough or otherwise we might get nauseated afterwards. 


The plating was surely amusing with the motive drawn on the plate regardless it's just a picture and it's not made of something edible. It simply made the overall dish looked more colorful and appealing. The pancake somehow reminded me of Japanese cotton cheesecake as well as Ricotta hotcake, especially its soft, airy, and fluffy texture. Not stopping there, the dish offered another spoiler, the vanilla soft cream served to pair the pancake. The two made such tantalizing combination as they blended hot and cold elements, and as both not being overly sweet, they did complement one another impeccably. It's a right choice to opt for one stack only since the portion was quite fulfilling especially the soft cream which was absolutely served in generous size. 



Actually, they still had some more innovative foods and beverages on the menu, but sadly my tummy didn't have enough space to afford them. So see you in the upcoming awesome meetings ;)




Taste: 8/10
Place: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Price: 7.5/10


Thanks for reading! :)


IDEAS.AWESOME
Address: Rukan Graha Boulevard, Blok B No. 18, Kelapa Gading, Jakarta
Phone: (+62) 81 785 9710
Operating Hours: Mon - Sun 8am - 9pm


Find me on:
Inputs & comments: jessicagaby@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment